We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Amsterdam to Maastricht by train

Which Maastricht hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kuwait
2 posts
Save Topic
From Amsterdam to Maastricht by train

Hi there,

I need to know what is the closest train station from Amestrdam airport, I need to go to Mastricht by train immediatelt after leaving the airport.

Is there a way I can book a train ticket from my home country?

Thanks

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
13,865 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: From Amsterdam to Maastricht by train

the closest train station the amsterdam airport is in the airport..if i am reading the www.ns.nl website correctly to get to maastrict from airport you would take train to utrecht, switch trains, then onward to maastricht..OR you could take train from airport to amsterdam centraal station..there is one every 20 minutes..then catch train to maastricht..no train changes...you dont need reservations..just buy a ticket and go...

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,697 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Amsterdam to Maastricht by train

>Is there a way I can book a train ticket from my home country?

While it is possible on www.ns.nl, there is absolutely no need to do so - just buy the ticket to Maastricht at the airport.

Hoofddorp, The...
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Amsterdam to Maastricht by train

Hi there.

If you are on a KLM/Skyteam flight, you might consider flying on to Maastricht (and back same if necessary). There is an airport in Maastricht with cheap onward connectionfares on KLM/Skyteam fares from abroad.

Regards

Wiki

Kuwait
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: From Amsterdam to Maastricht by train

Thank you all for the useful information, appreciate your help :)

Tennessee
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: From Amsterdam to Maastricht by train

Can anyone tell me what is the cheapest way to go. I'm a bit confused with the weekend discount. It's telling me it's not available for a saturday. Cheaper is better! Thanks

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
49,708 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: From Amsterdam to Maastricht by train

Simply buying a ticket on the spot. The weekend discount, if you mean 'weekendretour' or 'offpeak discount', is ONLY available for those who first purchase the one-year offpeak discount pass (voordeelurenkaart) for 55 euro. Not profitable for most tourists...

Regards,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Tennessee
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: From Amsterdam to Maastricht by train

thanks for the quick reply!

8. Re: From Amsterdam to Maastricht by train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 March 2010, 05:20