We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trains from Maastricht to Amsterdam

Which Maastricht hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Trains from Maastricht to Amsterdam

Hi, We are coming from Australia for the Andre Rieu concert on Sunday 14th July and leaving for Amsterdam the next morning Monday 15th. I have not booked any train tickets as yet and wondered if this is necessary to book both train and reservations to make sure we get a seat. I have a Euro pass which I will use and can travel at any time the next day but would appreciate somebody advising me re the booking of seats. Many thanks, Linnett

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
35,593 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trains from Maastricht to Amsterdam

You can't book seats on Dutch trains. Does that answer your question?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Trains from Maastricht to Amsterdam

Yes it does answer my question. Thank you very much. Now I understand why it was so difficult. REGARDS. Linnett

Haarlem, The...
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
256 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trains from Maastricht to Amsterdam

You can look up the train schedule on the website www.ns.nl. If you time it well, you can take the direct train without needing to change trains. These are the ones at ..:28 and ..:58 so twice an hour.

If you have time you can check if there is a special day ticket sale (appr. €15) going on at any of the chain stores (AH, Kruidvat, Blokker, HEMA) once your in town. Might save you some money.

Eindhoven...
Level Contributor
2,383 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trains from Maastricht to Amsterdam

As you can see on the NS website (if you enter the travel date & other particulars), there are "scheduled engineering works" on your route that can cause delays - at least in the weekend. On Sunday, there will be a bus instead of the normal trains, between Weert and Sittard. So plan some extra time into your schedule - don't trust the times mentioned on the NS website too much…

There are currently also works between Utrecht and 's-Hertogenbosch (also on the route Amsterdam-Maastricht) but these will probably be finished when you will travel.

As the NS website says: "For the latest updates, plan your journey shortly before departure."

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Trains from Maastricht to Amsterdam

Many Thanks for your reply, I will certainly look up the web site. Regards. Linnett

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Trains from Maastricht to Amsterdam

Many thanks for your reply. I will make sure that we allow plenty of time. Thank you for that. Regards Linnett

7. Re: Trains from Maastricht to Amsterdam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2014, 06:19