We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vrijthof Square, Maastricht. Restaurant for Andre Rieu 2014

Which Maastricht hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
North West England
Level Contributor
25 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Vrijthof Square, Maastricht. Restaurant for Andre Rieu 2014

Can anybody please recommend a restaurant in Vrijthof square for the Andre Rieu concerts in July 2014.

I've looked on the Maastricht tourist website and it says that Terrace packages are not yet available to book, however it seems some restaurants are already booked up.

berkshire
Level Contributor
70 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Vrijthof Square, Maastricht. Restaurant for Andre Rieu 2014

Newmarket Holidays. Air, rail or coach packages depending on your budget.

gilliander
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Vrijthof Square, Maastricht. Restaurant for Andre Rieu 2014

Maybe you've already booked by now but for anybody else looking for information on how to book either a normal ticket or a terrace/restaurant ticket - it's all on this website:

www.thesoundofmaastricht.com (The sound of Maastricht)

Gill

Wicklow, Ireland
Level Contributor
60 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Vrijthof Square, Maastricht. Restaurant for Andre Rieu 2014

I did this last year and am going again this year. Flights direct to Maastricht (a small airport) prebook a taxi (only two at the taxi rank). Hotel d'Orangerie is very central in the old part of Maastricht, just off market square, plenty of restaurants, shops etc, very safe. Vrithoff square is close by, book your concert tickets through the offical Andre Rieu website. Maastricht is a lovely town, plenty of shopping, the guided walking tour is definitely a must. The mines are very interesting, depending on your time in Maastricht.

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Vrijthof Square, Maastricht. Restaurant for Andre Rieu 2014

Newmarket Travel offer full packages but both for 2013 and for 2014 we have booked flights, train tickets from Amsterdam, hotel and concert tickets separately. May be a bit more expensive but we have hotels right on the Vrijthof (not 90 mins drive away) and much better seats for the concert as well. We flew from Manchester to Amsterdam; train station in the airport; 1 change - just walk across the platform and the 2nd train is there waiting...and you are in Maastricht. Last year we stayed in Urban Residences and were able to self cater - found a supermarket just round the corner - easy! We were able to walk round the Vrijthof (not inside the barriers of course) on the first night and we could hear the beautiful music. On the 2nd night we had tickets for the auditorium itself...amazing. But wherever you go in the vicinity of the square it is one big party with people dancing in the streets and watching on the screens. This year we are going for 3 nights and have booked Haas op het Vrijthof which is on the other side of the Square (backstage area) and on one night I have managed to get the Terrace dining tickets at the theatre and then the main auditorium the following night. However to get the best deals you really do need to book early. In fact we booked hotels on a no cancellation basis for the rumoured dates before the concert dates were announced and got a good deal. Same with the tickets - booked through the official website on the day they were released to general sale and could only get B3 seats! Just one other thing - Maastricht is a beautiful city with so much to see (hence the reason we are going for an extra day). If you go to the Fan website www.andrerieumovies.com (I think) and to the section on Maastricht 2014 scroll down and you will find a lovely route to walk round the city showing all the places of interest. We did this with plenty of stops for liquid refreshment (it was very hot!), ice cream from the building by the river (Fabulous selection of flavours - definitely on this years itinerary) and Limburg flan from the bakery (delicious - can recommend gooseberry)....and we never even looked in the general shops (unheard of! but will rectify this trip). We also want to do a trip on the river this year. So do allow time to see the city as well as Andre (the coach trip won't give you much time in Maastricht I believe according to a friend of a work colleague who did the coach option last year). Whatever you do, I am sure you will have a fantastic time and an amazing experience in a really beautiful and interesting city. Sorry this is a bit long but hope you will find it interesting and informative. Enjoy - I know you will!

Level Contributor
2 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Vrijthof Square, Maastricht. Restaurant for Andre Rieu 2014

Newmarket travel are about the only people in the uk you can book through. We went with them last year and are going again this year. You stay in Belgium and are transferred to maastrict and back for the concert

Stoke-on-Trent
Level Contributor
9 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Vrijthof Square, Maastricht. Restaurant for Andre Rieu 2014

I've organised all this by myself as I found it was cheaper and easier. Booked flights with Brussels Airways from Manchester, booked Andre Rieu tickets on-line via his own site and then booked Hotel du Orangie via Booking.com - I am just now awaiting the finalise my train tickets from Brussels Airport to Maastrict return but these are only available 90 days prior to the date of the concernt i.e. 18 July 2014 for us.

Level Contributor
2 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Vrijthof Square, Maastricht. Restaurant for Andre Rieu 2014

Newmarket travel are about the only people in the uk you can book through. We went with them last year and are going again this year. You stay in Belgium and are transferred to maastrict and back for the concert

Montecito, CA
Level Contributor
1 post
40 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Vrijthof Square, Maastricht. Restaurant for Andre Rieu 2014

Thanks your answer was very helpful!

Stafford
Level Contributor
3 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Vrijthof Square, Maastricht. Restaurant for Andre Rieu 2014

Husband is a really keen Andre fan, we are going to see him live in Lverpool 2014 but he loves watching the videos of hs home town visit . I would love to surprise him with a pack edge including restaurant and concert ......any ideas old be great

Stafford
Level Contributor
3 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Vrijthof Square, Maastricht. Restaurant for Andre Rieu 2014

What's your theory tkt in the arena v restaurant....... I look at videos and the people having a few eating seem to be having a great time ... I am happy to swing long either way !!!!!!