We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pit stop in Maastricht

Caerphilly, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Pit stop in Maastricht

Hi,

I will be making a pit stop in Maastricht on my travels between Antwerp and Frankfurt in late August. We would like to stop here for a bit of lunch and to see a little bit of Maastricht. Any advice on places to see, area to head to, restaurant/café for food, and also where I can park.

Your help is much appreciated.

Robert

Amersfoort, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
7,771 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pit stop in Maastricht

There are car parks all over town, just pick one. The city center area is small and easily walkable.

Maastricht has more restaurants per head of the population than any other city in NL. You need to be more specific about what kind of food you want and what you are prepared to spend before we can give you any meaningful advice.

The tourist office (VVV) does excellent free walking maps. When I am there with visitors, I just pick one of those up and follow one of the suggested routes.

Caerphilly, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pit stop in Maastricht

Thank you for your response, we will be just looking for a quick bite to eat, so a coffeeshop, café, what would the locals eat for lunch?

Amersfoort, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
7,771 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pit stop in Maastricht

In that case no particular recommendations. Maastricht is a real foodie destination. Just find somewhere you like the look of.

What would the locals have for lunch? Normally the Dutch have quite a lite lunch. Things like filled rolls are very common. One very Dutch speciality is called an uitsmijter: food.com/recipe/dutch-uitsmijter-fried-ham-a…

Caerphilly, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pit stop in Maastricht

Thank you for your recommendations, sounds great! Really appreciate it

5. Re: Pit stop in Maastricht

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2015, 06:17