We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inexpensive lunch & dinner when visiting Floriade 2012?

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
449 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Inexpensive lunch & dinner when visiting Floriade 2012?

Can anyone suggest what & where to eat inexpensive lunch & dinner when visiting Floriade 2012 on your own by bus ?

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,331 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Inexpensive lunch & dinner when visiting Floriade 2012?

why are you asking again?

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g188590-i60-k53230…

Ringwood, Hampshire
Level Contributor
7 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Inexpensive lunch & dinner when visiting Floriade 2012?

I have just returned from the Floriade and found that there were numerous choices for refreshment stops that were a little more expensive than we were prepared to pay.

We needed to rest our legs and have a break from the drizzle so stopped at "The Greenhouse" restaurant at lunch time and ordered good thick freshly made soup which came with croutons. We took our own apples, bananas and home-baked rusks to have as snacks along the way and stopped for a coffee in between and used the nearby facilities.

Restaurant Villa Flora is part of "Green Engine" so its best to collect a free map upon arrival and ask the info desk for their recommended highlights so you don't miss some of the more interesting exhibits.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
449 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Inexpensive lunch & dinner when visiting Floriade 2012?

Thank you very much for being so helpful.

Stevenage, UK
Level Contributor
2 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Inexpensive lunch & dinner when visiting Floriade 2012?

Have just come back from Floriade and am adding this for others who may search:

Although I share SA_Traveller0's views about cost, we did get by, admittedly with the aid of some of our own snacks. Near the Tropical Treasures display there was a stall selling frites with mayo (2.5 euros) and in the Aqua pavilion cake and pizza slices were available for a few euros. I also spotted a poffertjes stall down by the lake (and better value than my recent expedition to find them in London). If you've not tried them you must 'poffertjes eten'

Drinks are much the same as anywhere in Venlo - c.2 euros (although I do resent paying this for a cup of hot water and then being sent elsewhere to get the tea and milk!)

If you travel via Venlo, I would recommend Eethuis Tante Toer. Not inexpensive, but good quality.

Mentioned in this post
Eethuis Tante Toer
Eethuis Tante Toer
138 Reviews
Venlo, The Netherlands
5. Re: Inexpensive lunch & dinner when visiting Floriade 2012?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2015, 23:15