We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tulip festival

Which Venlo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oconomowoc
2 posts
Save Topic
Tulip festival

What is the best time to see the tulips

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
13,949 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tulip festival

depends on whether there was a harsh or mild winter..lets say mid-april to mid -may...end of april is pretty much a sure thing..you posted in venlo forum..are you really asking about the floriade exhibition?

Oconomowoc
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tulip festival

We are going April 1st the the 11th. I guess we are early....will we see any flowers?

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
13,949 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tulip festival

april 1-11th...doubtful for tulips..other flowers yes

maybe in southern part of country perhaps bloom earlier..but tulip central is in the ranstad area...the tulip triangle between haarlem, leiden, etc.

Edited: 30 August 2012, 16:52
England, United...
Level Contributor
4,740 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tulip festival

Earlier on this year, we visited both Floriade (Venlo) and the tulip gardens and fields at Keukenhof. In my opinion, Keukenhof was better. The smell from the hyacinths in the nearby fields was intoxicating and the gardens were beautifully laid out. Floriade in April was not really developed enough as most of the flowerbeds were laid out to accommodate summer bedding plants.

I believe that the Floriade exhbition is only held once every 10 years between April and September/October.

5. Re: Tulip festival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2013, 10:16