We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

18 Days Away! Last minute Q's

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
18 Days Away! Last minute Q's

I'm super excited! Our trip to AMS is only 18 days away! I just want to be sure that everything is ready to go. My husband and I were discussing our budget, and I think we've got it right, but just to be sure, I wanted to know what the average prices for meals are - from low end to high end.

For example:

Fast food - like McDonalds or whatever - how much for 1 person meal

Regular restaurant - Diner food or what have you - mid-range

High end meal - (we probably won't partake, but just to have a basis for comparison)

Thanks so much for your help!

Mentioned in this post
Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
Amsterdam Airport...
Schiphol, The Netherlands
Martine of Martine's Table
££ - £££, French, Dutch, European
Sweet Bob Amsterdam
££ - £££, Brazilian
Mount Everest Tandoori
££ - £££, Indian, Asian, Nepalese
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
5,879 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 18 Days Away! Last minute Q's

hi , a bit difficult to answer really as it depends what you are ordering but a rough average I suppose would be Fast .. Euro 4-6 , mid 10-20 ,high, 20 -40...These figures can be argued to death as there will be cheaper and dearer options , but its the best info I can give you... geoff

ps...If you like Chinese , for a lunch up until 5pm I think, full wok/dim sum.buffet.. Unlimited time and food , very good selection and the wok dishes are cooked there and then with your choice of sauce. I havnt been for 6 weeks but it was Euro 12.50 then. See Inside , dining scene on this site for details.

Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
5,879 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 18 Days Away! Last minute Q's

ooppps , the name of the restaurant is Treasure and after 5pm they bring out extra selection and the price goes up to Euro 18.. geoff

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
16,737 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 18 Days Away! Last minute Q's

As you walk around you will see lots of take out places. These new Wok places like Wok to Walk are an example. Quite good and cheap and quick.

I have eaten really well and enjoyed the heck out it like this: Two herring sandwiches for lunch=5euro

Take away chineese for dinner=5 euro

A chicken shrwarma in pita sandwich for a late night snack=5 euro

Free breakfast at the hotel and 15 euro and I can eat like a king and stay stuffed all day.

Its really what you make of it.t

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,342 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 18 Days Away! Last minute Q's

i would also recommend a brown cafe for lunch a pint and a chicket blt on brown bread for about 8 euro, fantastic lunch.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,342 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 18 Days Away! Last minute Q's

i would also recommend a brown cafe for lunch a pint and a chicken blt on brown bread for about 8 euro, fantastic lunch.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 18 Days Away! Last minute Q's

As to high end meals: Restaurant Vermeer (a luxury restaurant) used to offer a 4-course menu for € 80 and € 40 for a couple of matching wines. When not having a 3/4-course menu, appetizers are usually around € 20 - € 25 and main courses € 30 - € 40 (and up) in that type of restaurants.

Mentioned in this post
Restaurant Vermeer
Restaurant Vermeer
348 Reviews
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
7. Re: 18 Days Away! Last minute Q's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 13:17