We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

walk in the early morning

Amsterdam, The...
1 post
Save Topic
walk in the early morning

I(F) have a early flight on this Saturday, I wonder is it safe to walk (with luggage) from Prinsengracht to Centraal Station around 04:30 a.m.?

Thank you!

Edited: 20 August 2017, 08:10
Mentioned in this post
Prinsengracht Hotel
Prinsengracht Hotel
502 Reviews
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Centraal Station
Centraal Station
13,431 Reviews
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 replies to this topic
Europe
Level Contributor
3,477 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: walk in the early morning

I think you should be allright when you know where you are going, I would do it myself.

It's the perfect time though to bump into intoxicated obnoxious party goers, but if you're not one yourself they will probably not be interested in you.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
8,731 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: walk in the early morning

I'll be the contrarian on this subject. If you are two strapping fellows which look intimidating to any potential trouble makers lurking around I personally would not do it. As is emphasized on many threads Amsterdam is a relatively safe city but as a local we read the incidents of street crime which tourists don't. Your chances of getting into trouble are statistically extremely low and minimal but it's still not something I would recommend my friends and family should do.

Mentioned in this post
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
North Holland Province, The Netherlands
Nijmegen, The...
Level Contributor
3,653 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: walk in the early morning

I don't see a problem with it. It's all safe to do. Just take the usual precautions you would anywhere in the world when walking around at night. Stay in the crowded areas, avoid unlit alleys and parks etc.

Nothing to be worried about in my opinion.

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
6,391 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: walk in the early morning

Why not just get a cheap Uber etc ? Takes all the worry away! If I (F) means you are female, then i would get a cheap Uber in case of idiots inebriated etc .

Edited: 21 August 2017, 01:21
Reply to: walk in the early morning
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted