We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early flight to Heathrow-What time should I be in the airpor

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
canada
Level Contributor
206 posts
Save Topic
Early flight to Heathrow-What time should I be in the airpor

Hi,

I will be taking the flight to hearthrow around 09:50.How early should I be in the airport for check in and custom?Thanks.

Travelpeople

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
52,048 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Early flight to Heathrow-What time should I be in the airpor

Hi there,

8 o'clock is fine. We regularly have the 7:30 flight and then even 6:15 - 6:30 does the job, but you're more in the middle of rush hour.

Note that there is no central security check after customs (for non-Schengen flights), the check will be at the gate. So it was also with our Heathrow flight last month. So be in time at the gate for this checking!

Have a nice time,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

canada
Level Contributor
206 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Early flight to Heathrow-What time should I be in the airpor

Hi ErikdR

Thank you for your reply and good information.I have one more question if you do not mind.What is the best way to go to the airport on that morning. Taxi or airport shuttle bus? I do not know whether the airport shuttle bus will be circling around for a long time before it reachs the airport? any idea? Thanks

Travelpeople

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
5,793 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Early flight to Heathrow-What time should I be in the airpor

Personally, I would opt for the taxi - more peace of mind and quicker than hanging about waiting on others joining a circuitous bus route - and the traffic isn't too bad going out to Schiphol at that time of the morning. Get a taxi from your hotel at about 7.30 and you should get you to the airport by 8.00 am!

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
52,048 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Early flight to Heathrow-What time should I be in the airpor

Agree with Stuietoo. You did not tell the hotel name, depending on that I'd vote public transport higher than both of the other two...

Regards,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

canada
Level Contributor
206 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Early flight to Heathrow-What time should I be in the airpor

Hi Stuietoo & ErikdR,

Thanks for your reply. I will be leaving from the Bilderberg Garden Hotel which I think is in the residental area and not downtown.

Travelpeople

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
5,793 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Early flight to Heathrow-What time should I be in the airpor

Yes, you are not too far from the Ring Road, so definitely taxi!!

vancouver
Level Contributor
287 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Early flight to Heathrow-What time should I be in the airpor

Hi

Sorry for hijacking this thread, I have a similar query.

I'll be staying in Amsterdam for two nights (on route from Canada to Italy), on the last night I need to catch a 7.30am flight to Milan. As its very early I was thinking of staying in the centre for the first night, then staying at an airport hotel for the 2nd night (I see the Ibis has a free shuttle to the airport starting at 4.30).

Does this sound sensible?

Is there somewhere at the airport I can leave my baggage for the two nights so I don't have to carry them around? And if so do you know how much it would be?

Thanks

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
52,048 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Early flight to Heathrow-What time should I be in the airpor

Hi there,

Yep this would make sense. Then 2nd day you can use normal public transport to airport.

Airport has lockers in Arrivals level, large and small. www.schiphol.nl has all info including prices, as far as I remember it's not more than 15 euro per day.

Regards,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

9. Re: Early flight to Heathrow-What time should I be in the airpor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 23:19