We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

any route planning experts? Amsterdam to Prattnle

London, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
any route planning experts? Amsterdam to Prattnle

I am planning to go traveling/ following a band touring (groupie?! nah...) in the coming November. However they have a extremely tight schedule and I am finding difficulties to plan my route.

Basically, here is their schedule

2.11 - Shepherds Bush Empire / FUSE - London, UK

4.11 - Tavastia - Helsinki, Finnland

5.11 - Tavastia - Helsinki, Finnland

7.11 - Melkweg - Amsterdam, Niederlande

8.11 - Z7 - Pratteln, Schweiz

10.11 - Le Zenit - Paris, Frankreich

I am planning to go to the last 3, which is Amsterdam, Pratteln and Paris.

I am on a Budget.

I am planning to fly from London to Amsterdam on the 7th, and there is no problem with that.

However I have no idea how to get from Amsterdam to Pratteln in just 24 hours and still be able to make the concert on that day.

First of all I don't speak German nor Dutch, and I have no idea where about in Switzerland is Pratteln and how to get there. I think the nearest airport is Basel but I check there is only 1 flight each day on the 1700, by the time I arrived it would be too late for the concert. Trains takes about 6 hours.

In your opinion should I just give up? Or is there any other ways?? like night coaches and stuff?

Much appreciated. Any information about the hostels/hotel would be great too!!!!

Xxxx

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
40,044 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: any route planning experts? Amsterdam to Prattnle

Theforeigner mayne you are trying to book a one way flight. Big mistake. Just book a return and ditch the return leg. TThis way you will get the cheap flight

London, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: any route planning experts? Amsterdam to Prattnle

Thanks Wiki

I found it

Miss the word "return"...

But is it illegal to do so?

I have never tried this before

Hoofddorp, The...
Level Contributor
1,393 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: any route planning experts? Amsterdam to Prattnle

Well.....what s illegal? Not waiting for the light to turn green when crossing a street isn't allowed either, but will you wait when there is no traffic and no police in a million miles radius?

But an airline will probably consider otherwise....and well..that s their problem....

And, officially, you need to be able to show Swiss immigration that you own a return ticket out of Switserland... but I doubt that they will check that......

Anyway, in my opinion its just using common sense, and I couldn't call that illegal.....

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
40,044 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: any route planning experts? Amsterdam to Prattnle

Theforeigner it certainly not Illegal to buy a return flight and not use it. Is it illegal to bu a loaf of bread and then throw half of it away?

YOu buy the ticket, its your perogative what you do with it.

I never understand why airlines will sell you a return ticket for half the price of a single, it does not make sense to me but they have some crazy pricing structures.

I can fly the same route with KLM to scotland and get charged 50% more than someone flying on the same planes/route to Amsterdam but booking on the KLM UK site!

You just have to get clever with them and beat them at their own game.

15. Re: any route planning experts? Amsterdam to Prattnle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 03:15