We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Connexxion shuttle

tennessee
Level Contributor
63 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Connexxion shuttle

I found some info on this shuttle but it wasn't clear whether it takes you to the door of the hotel or drops you off in the area of the hotel. Does anyone know? I usually take a taxi as I always have a lot of luggage, but I thought I'd try this and save some money.

Likely To Sell Out
Keukenhof Gardens and Tulip Fields...
1,733 Reviews
from US$73.50*
Zaanse Schans Windmills, Volendam...
2,389 Reviews
from US$73.50*
Skip-the-Line Rijksmuseum Amsterdam...
13 Reviews
from US$21.80*
Special Offer
Zaans Schans Windmills, Tulips...
457 Reviews
from US$123.30*
US$147.00
Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
904 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Connexxion shuttle

Hi, we usually take the connexxion shuttle, however, on our last trip a few weeks ago we took a taxi, as we had tons of luggage, and there was no stop in front of our hotel, so we would have had to walk a few blocks with all our luggage.

It depends what hotel u are staying at....The connexion bus only stops and picks up from certain hotels.....If it does not stop at your hotel...u get out at the nearest stop and walk from there...

Where are u staying??

You definately will save money though as a taxi from the Airport to Central Amsterdam was about 39 Euro whereas the connexxion shuttle is only 12 Euro (or so).

tennessee
Level Contributor
63 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Connexxion shuttle

I'm staying at the Marriott it listed as one of the hotels they stop at as I have now figured out. The taxi to my hotel in Brussels was about 40 euros so I imagine Amsterdam would cost about as much. Do you know if Connexxion charges per piece of luggage? I usually have 2 rolling suitcases and my mini backpack.

Mentioned in this post
Brussels
Brussels
Belgium
Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
904 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Connexxion shuttle

No, they don't charge per piece..at least they didn't last time i used them!!

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
16,699 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Connexxion shuttle

They do not charge at all for luggage. They will drop off and pick you up at the front door of the Marriott.

Its a great way to get to town.

5. Re: Connexxion shuttle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 15:18