We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

keukenhof and amsterdam

Quezon City...
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Topic
keukenhof and amsterdam

Hello,

we will arrive mid-May in the evening for one night in amsterdam. We will fly out from amsterdam 730pm the next day. I like to do Keukenhof, van gogh museum, and some city sights. Do i do keukenhof with a tour company in the morning (930-230pm) then the van gogh after? or do the van gogh first then after lunch head for schiphol to take the keukenhof express, then back to schiphol for our flight?

What time should i be in the airport for our flight back>? also if you can recommend cheap hotels (less than 100 euros) near central station but not near red light district, thanks

Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
5,879 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: keukenhof and amsterdam

hi , it is not that important really but Id go for the bus tour to Keukenhof in the morning and the museum in the afternoon. Its then very easy to get a train to Schiphol (20 minute journey from Centraal Station).

Checkin time at Airport ?, well that should be advised by your travel company. It depends on many things.

A few decent budget hotels nr Centraal Station , none of which are IN the RLD. ...

A-train , Mallemoolen , Cornerhouse, Frisco Inn and Koopermoolen ..... geoff

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
753 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: keukenhof and amsterdam

To be on the safe side, if your flight leaves at 7.30 pm from Schiphol, then you should be at the airport at 5.30 pm at the latest.

I'd do the keukenhof first then the museum.

Keukenhof opens at 8. So you can go there early, spend a couple of hours. Then head back to Amsterdam.

To even save more time, you can buy the keukenhof tickets online so when you get there, you don't have to stand in line for a ticket.

www.keukenhof.nl

Quezon City...
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: keukenhof and amsterdam

Thanks for your suggestions geoff and Damska

I'll do Keukenhof in the morning and be back mid-day in Amsterdam. I'll probably use the Keukenhof Express, although I'll be going back and forth to and from Schiphol.

Ashburn, Virginia
Level Contributor
299 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: keukenhof and amsterdam

If you're going to use the Keukenhof Express, do not also buy your entrance tickets online. You can buy the Express combi-ticket which includes the entrance fee.

5. Re: keukenhof and amsterdam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 01:17