We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fresh Stroopwafels

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
3,047 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Fresh Stroopwafels

Hello, I will be passing through Amsterdam again in October and would like to know if there are any places in town to get fresh stroopies (other than the cart in the Albert Cuypstraat Markt)

Thanks!

-UF

USA
Level Contributor
333 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
51. Re: Fresh Stroopwafels

Thanks, Jantoo.

Busselton, Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
52. Re: Fresh Stroopwafels

I read this post a few months ago before we came to Netherlands and was looking out at the various markets for fresh Stroopwafels. We found them today at debazaar market in Beverwijk. There were lots of outlets selling fresh large stroopwafels for around 1 Euro each. My son was in stroopwafel heaven. The website for the market is www.debazaar.nl. Enjoy

Delft, The...
Level Contributor
184 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
53. Re: Fresh Stroopwafels

When ever you visit Delft you can buy the stroopwafels on the market Thursday's and Saturdays. During the week there is a little shop in de Vestepoort, next to HEMA.

54. Re: Fresh Stroopwafels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2011, 15:06
55. Re: Fresh Stroopwafels

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

56. Re: Fresh Stroopwafels

KTfromNC
Level Contributor
356 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
57. Re: Fresh Stroopwafels

When the wife and I were in Amsterdam back in April, the owner of the houseboat we rented, had placed a pachage of mini Stroopwafels on the table as a greeting for us.

One taste and I was instantly hooked.

What a great, simple, pleasure!

And a great city to visit as well.

ny
Level Contributor
244 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
58. Re: Fresh Stroopwafels

I tried it the other day at the market. I didn't like it. It was too sweet for me.

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,497 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
59. Re: Fresh Stroopwafels

Go to you tube and type in How to eat a stroopwafel. Wonderful! We spent a month in Amsterdam last summer and my husband got hooked. Got em at the grocery store, the Albert Cuyp Market and the Landskroon Bakery. I learned to make them at home from a recipe on the internet. They're easy.

S

Midwest City...
Level Contributor
37 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
60. Re: Fresh Stroopwafels

I fly to Schiphol tomorrow!!

And when I leave I KNOW I will do what all good stroopie addicts do - spend all remaining Euros on packages of Stroopwaffels in the Airport shops to bring home. Used to do that with guilder - but well, you know. Time marches on.