We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amsterdam and complementary countries

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
150 posts
Save Topic
Amsterdam and complementary countries

I am wanting to plan a trip to amsterdam. At the most I could probably only spend 15 days in Europe. What countries could I see that are close to Amsterdam that would be a complement.

For example. Would trying to see London/Rome/Amsterdam be too much. Or would Paris/Amsterdam/Czech-repeublic be too much.

What I am getting is that I want to make my trip economical.

Thanks.

Mysterio

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
39,389 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amsterdam and complementary countries

For my tuppence worth if you really want to do a 15 day tour of Europe then I recommend that you look at Amsterdam, Paris & London. All three are fairly close together and vastly different. You might be able to squeeze another city in the time you have but it depends if you are a "It's Wednesday so it must be Rome today" kinda person.

Good luck withyour planning

Ron

Amersfoort, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
7,774 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amsterdam and complementary countries

Have to say I largely agree with Ronaldo. There is one other city I´d throw into the hat though, Berlin. Most of the major construction work now over. It is now a truly fascinating city of history and contrasts. Again, easily reached from Amsterdam.

East Gippsland
Level Contributor
3,967 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Amsterdam and complementary countries

Oh,OH, all that travelling, makes me dizzy.

Are you hiring a vehicle? some of our party took in Paris and Brugge in their 14 days, as well as travelling around the Netherlands almost from North, and definitely to south to go into Brugge and on to Paris. Actually they flew into London first and did the night tour of London then the day tour to Bath. Then flew into amsterdam.

Hpes this helps.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
774 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Amsterdam and complementary countries

Hi

Here is my suggestion.

Fly into Amsterdam spend a few nights, take the train to Brussels spend 2 nights, then take the train to Paris spend 4 nights then take the Chunnel to London and spend a few nights. Then fly home from London.. All cities are easily reached by train and offer a sampling of Europe. The perfect introduction. I have done this trip before and it worked for me.

Have Fun.

Gbow

5. Re: Amsterdam and complementary countries

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 10:20