We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Supper Club - Recent Opinions

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
54 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Supper Club - Recent Opinions

Hi

I'm off to Amsterdam next month (Mon-Thurs break) and i've been told to go to Supper club as it's really good. But the people who have recommended it to me haven't been for a few years and whilst researching this forum and the reviews it would seem that maybe in it's day it was a great place to go but maybe it's gone a bit downhill now?

so i wonder if anyone has been recently and could tell me whether it is worth going or not.

I've looked on their website and they really sell it, at the moment they only have the listings for January which seem to be Mondays and Tuesdays. Could anyone recommend the better day to go?

We arrive about 5pm on the Monday and i notice that you have to be there at 7.30 so i'm not sure if we will be able to make that night, but is the 'arty' night worth going to?

Thanks in advance,

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
78 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Supper Club - Recent Opinions

It's good fun as a slightly silly pretentious OTT night.

It isn't the best food you'll get in town (it is after all basically a mass serving of the same thing to everyone) but I've enjoyed it when I've been.

Wouldn't personally recommend it if you've only got a couple of nights and meals out in Amsterdam (it isn't very representative of Amsterdam or NL, and there are much better meals to be had) but as a fun experience it is good.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
54 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Supper Club - Recent Opinions

Thanks for your reply. I'm sure it's not a typical Amsterdam restaurant, however my partner and i have been there enough times to experience the true taste that Amsterdam has to offer.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
5,793 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Supper Club - Recent Opinions

Believe the hype - the Supper Club is a great night out!! (Even Carlitas enjoyed it!!)

You should be there by 8.00 pm, but you can always arrive fashionably late (up to 20 minutes late) without any hassle (the earlier you are there the more you will drink is the idea....)

We have been going to the Supper Club since its beginning and therefore a great supporter of this institution....last there about a year ago (actually also there a couple of months ago, but that was at a private party).

I think that it is worth it, provided that you take the right attitude with you. I have never been mid-week, only at weekends, so it may not have the same vibrancy that it offers at the weekends, but I think that you should still go!

Have a great time! ;-)

Overland Park...
Level Contributor
159 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Supper Club - Recent Opinions

Interesting concept. Would this be advisable for a solo traveler?

London
Level Contributor
276 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Supper Club - Recent Opinions

Hi there, we went to the Supper Club on 26th December 08 and had a fantastic time, we were skeptical about the food and feared a conceptual expensive nightmare but we were looking for a more interesting and alternative evening to formal dining which I find very boring. Surprisingly the food was really superb, the hosts were really friendly and fun and made the night, even perhaps more so than the entertainment which was just a little disappointing as we too had high expectations from their website. The entertainment was good tho' and continued throughout the evening but I guess we just expected a little more from the acts, i.e. a bit more risque and alterative and I guess too from the other diners, quite a lot of whom made no effort whatsoever in terms of getting dressed up to party, it was xmas after all...I would definitely go back again with a large group of friends.....hope you have fun!

6. Re: Supper Club - Recent Opinions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2009, 06:19