We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leather Jacket or Wool Blend Peacoat is mid-late April?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
596 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Leather Jacket or Wool Blend Peacoat is mid-late April?

I'm trying to decide whether to pack my leather jacket or wool blend peacoat on a trip to Amsterdam this spring - any suggestions?

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
264 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Leather Jacket or Wool Blend Peacoat is mid-late April?

April is not so cold but you have a lot of rain and strong wind.If its cloudy and in the evnings it can be also chilly.I think a thick leather jacket that closes good at the front would be o.k. against the cold wind.

And you can wear sweaters or layers under it.

Don't forget an umbrella.

Brewster, New York
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Leather Jacket or Wool Blend Peacoat is mid-late April?

I would definitely go with the leather jacket. Even at the end of May (last time we were there) there were many days when the temp peaked at about 50. Also, it's rainy in the spring, so that adds to a bit of dampness in the bones. And, a leather coat will repel rain better than a wool one would. Pack a sweater and you can layer your look. Have a great trip!

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,836 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Leather Jacket or Wool Blend Peacoat is mid-late April?

I always go with a leather jacket. But I go to my shoe repair store and get the water proofing that he recommends. I treat the jacket a time or two before I go.

Not sure it helps all that much.

But it makes me feel better.

4. Re: Leather Jacket or Wool Blend Peacoat is mid-late April?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 22:21