We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What happens in Amsterdam...stays in Amsterdam???

Goteed1
Level Contributor
373 posts
145 reviews
Save Topic
What happens in Amsterdam...stays in Amsterdam???

I've been lurking in this forum for a little while because I've got a trip to Amsterdam planned for September and I have gotten all kind of great technical info so far, in fact I think I have the train schedule and taxi fares memorized by now. Also the location of every coffee shop and all kinds of day trips, but my question is why no trip reports? Not sure anyone can answer, but I rarely see posters come back here and report on their actual trips. The ones I have seen have been incredibly valuable, but they have been few and far between. Maybe it's the coffee shops? Does everyone forget what they did by the time they get home? Or maybe they don't want to talk about what happened in the red light district? Anyhow not sure if this has an answer but I hope more people will report on their experiences!

Djibouti, Djibouti
Level Contributor
591 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What happens in Amsterdam...stays in Amsterdam???

hazy memory perhaps?

liverpool
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: What happens in Amsterdam...stays in Amsterdam???

What,like a confessional? On a pulic forum? Hmmmmmm the mind boggles

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
37,798 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What happens in Amsterdam...stays in Amsterdam???

Yeah Goteed you are correct there are not too many reports on here. Shame really, its nice to hear how people got on. I am on a couple of other forums and they have quite a few trip reports normally. Could be something to do with a hazy memory right enough.

I will expect one from you now though ;-)

Brewster, New York
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What happens in Amsterdam...stays in Amsterdam???

Here's mine -- from June 2007. Not embarrassed about our time there...and our visits to many coffeeshops...

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g188590-i60-k12395…

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
5,793 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What happens in Amsterdam...stays in Amsterdam???

What...? I can't remember what I did this morning!! ;-)

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
5,879 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What happens in Amsterdam...stays in Amsterdam???

Goteed, I'm not sure what type of tripreport you are looking for as you mentioned coffee shops and RLD! You may want to have a look at www.ignatzmice.com but be warned, they are x rated!

Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
Level Contributor
9,081 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What happens in Amsterdam...stays in Amsterdam???

I found writing about it paled so miserably in comparison to the actual experiences; I gave up any attempt at trip reports.

Goteed1
Level Contributor
373 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What happens in Amsterdam...stays in Amsterdam???

Sasha57 - That's what I'm talkin bout, that was some trip report. Loved the details, favorite bakeries etc, very helpful.

I guess it does take a lot of energy to write these things and especially if you are on a coffeeshop tour, it may not be so easy afterwards.

In the meantime I'll continue to avidly read about the best time to line up at the Ann Frank Museum, the best bar for stag parties, how much a beer costs, and whether to take a train or taxi from the airport and how much to bid on Priceline.

This will be my first visit so I think I'll be ready.

Ronaldo - I will definitely write up a report, now that you called me out, thanks so much.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,005 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: What happens in Amsterdam...stays in Amsterdam???

and dont forget directions to kuekenhof..thats a popular topic

10. Re: What happens in Amsterdam...stays in Amsterdam???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2009, 05:24