We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flown on OpenSkies?

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Plymouth...
Level Contributor
574 posts
163 reviews
Save Topic
Flown on OpenSkies?

We're flying with the newish all business class of BA called OpenSkies. I've read just about everything on TA and the web about them, which is not much. Anyone have experiences to share? Thanks!

Florida
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Flown on OpenSkies?

Hi Aldo

We are flying on them this Wednesday - I'll let you know when we return!

Plymouth...
Level Contributor
574 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flown on OpenSkies?

Fantastic. Enjoy your trip!

Florida
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Flown on OpenSkies?

Hi Aldo!

Just returned from Amsterdam Friday night and wanted to tell you that you will love OpenSkies. What you get for the money is alot. I will say though the negative I found was in the foot rest which seems antiquated and the headrest - (it just didn't seem a good fit) - But not to worry you will wiggle yourself around and get comfortable and look at all you are getting for the price mainly the room and the service. The feel of the plane is spacious when compared to the six seats across layout. I don't know if you are flying "business bed" or business seat" but we rode in Business seat - row 12 which gives you a tremendous amount of space. When we boarded in New York to go to Amsterdam we were immediately offered champagne or orange juice - we chose both and made mimosas - very good! The food both ways was suprisingly good - never cared for plane food doesn't matter what class but OpenSkies excelled in thisd Oh- spoke to one of the stewards about the lack of advertising and he commented that even his parents have no idea who he works for! - I told him I had read some comments how people can't understand the lack of advertising and he said he would mention it.

I know you will enjoy your flight and appreciate what you are getting for your money. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Have a wonderful trip - if you've never been to Amsterdam you will love it - very nice people - beautiful city and great food!

Plymouth...
Level Contributor
574 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flown on OpenSkies?

I'm so glad your trip went well and am happy to hear the good news about OpenSkies. Thanks for taking the time to post a detailed review. 14 days until our trip!

Hoofddorp, The...
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flown on OpenSkies?

Just for your (and others) information:

Be aware, that they have temporarily companionfares at this moment in the bizbed seciton, you mostly don't get those fares on the search engine and when booked by a travelagent (of course there are the good exceptions), as the engine doesn't seem to support this offer, and agents in general don't know about this special offer.

It's to be booked on EC-flightnumbers.

Regards

Wiki

6. Re: Flown on OpenSkies?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 November 2009, 07:18