We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which hotels allow smoking cannabis?

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
6,230 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
which hotels allow smoking cannabis?

For some reason I cannot find the thread which asked this question. So, please bear with me and let me know!

Hackettstown, New...
Level Contributor
187 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which hotels allow smoking cannabis?

There was one post that called it smoking "Amsterdam style," which is why you probably didn't find it.

I think that the law in Amsterdam allows cannabis, but only in sanctioned coffee houses. (This is where you can buy, grind, and smoke your cannabis in a very welcome environment!) Technically, it's probably illegal to smoke cannabis in hotels in Amsterdam...but only if they catch you. My friends and I smoked in our hotel room, and even though it wasn't allowed, no one stopped us.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
356 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which hotels allow smoking cannabis?

I would say it would depend intirely on the hotel. If you are staying at a 5 star hotel, you would probably be told pretty quick to cut it out.

If you are at a 1-3 star hotel ... I'd say go for it ... let them tell you they don't allow it if they catch you.

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
6,230 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which hotels allow smoking cannabis?

skippy, can you smoke at the amstid?

Level Contributor
917 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which hotels allow smoking cannabis?

You idiots. Smoking canabis is legal in Amsterdam. You can smoke it in your room - provided that you're in a smoking room. Just remember how bad weed smells, make sure you keep the window open.

P.S. I have stayed at the Crowne Plaza, Hotel De L'Europe, Jolly Hotel, Mariott, Sheraton. These are 5 stars joints (no pun intended). Remember, if you pay for a room you can do what you want (that doesn't include trashing it though).

EvG
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
37 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: which hotels allow smoking cannabis?

Mark is right, in the privacy of your room you can do what you like. But be sure to smoke near or outside the window to prevent complaints from other guests or even setting off the fire alarm.

Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
869 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: which hotels allow smoking cannabis?

Cannibis is NOT legal in Amsterdam or The Netherlands...it's tacit. A rather different consideration....One cannot sell...and one cannot hold more than 5 grams at a time...

However, it is such a large part of the culture, smoking with discretion is no problem. Quiet sides of parks...Hotel rooms, and of course, Coffeeshops, are the places to smoke.