We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Amsterdam to Paris?

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Barcelona
10 posts
Save Topic
Train from Amsterdam to Paris?

Hi there,

I'll be in Amsterdam in a few days, and then leaving to Paris. Unfortunately, I'm having lots of troubles with Thalys website. I'm trying to buy a ticket online, but after entering my credit card details, all I get is a blank page..

There doesn't seem to be any number to call from abroad. Tried 0900 92 96 (+31) but all I get is a busy tone after a while..

Also tried booking a paper ticket, but I either get the option to get the ticket in Madrid or France train stations.. Hello? I'm based in Barcelona, and I'm supposed to take the train from Amsterdam TO Paris then why do I get the France train stations options!? Shouldn't I be supposed to get it in an AMSTERDAM train station?

Any tip or advice about what to do? Much appreciated.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
37,280 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from Amsterdam to Paris?

Have you tried using the www.NShispeed.nl site? There is an English option and its basically the same booking engine. You can print tickets out at home or pick them up at Schiphol or Central Station.

By the way they release last minute fares on Tuesdays from this site.

Barcelona
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Train from Amsterdam to Paris?

Hi Ronaldo,

Thanks for your answer. Yes, actually that was the site where I get redirected while buying the ticket, but right after the credit card screen, I just get a blank page.

Regarding the Tuesday offer, do you think it's worth to wait for that day to buy it? My trip will be this Thursday, and I'd want to avoid missing the trip due to lack of space.

Thanks!

Barcelona
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Train from Amsterdam to Paris?

Just tried again from a different computer and I get stucked in tab 4 (payment) so this seems to indicate that the system is completely broken. Will try calling tomorrow to one of those numbers, as it seems there isn't any available from abroad on Sunday..

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
37,280 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train from Amsterdam to Paris?

If you use the Thalys site ie thalys.com and say that you will pick up the tickets in France then it will keep you on the Thalys site and not redirect you. You can either register on the site (just simply with your e-mail address etc) then you can select "continue in ticketless". You can then print your tickets out at home.

Otherwise it should still be possible to print the tickets out by selecting france and going through the whole process. It should giveyou the option to pick up your tickets or print them at home.

Otherwise just wait until you get here. Not much chance of thre being no space on the train this time of year so if you really have more issues even trying what I said above then you can wait until you get here. If you do that then there is a ticket sales point at the airport (NShigh Speed lounge not the normal NS ticket desks) whihc is normally much quieter than the one at Amsterdam CS

Good luck

Barcelona
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Train from Amsterdam to Paris?

Oh cool, I think I'll do this. I'm getting to Amsterdam on Tuesday so I'd buy the tickets right at the airport..

Thanks a lot for your aid Ronaldo, much appreciated.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
639 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Train from Amsterdam to Paris?

If you book well in advance (up to 90 days) you can get this trip for 25 Euros on a "Smoove ticket".

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
37,280 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Train from Amsterdam to Paris?

<<If you book well in advance (up to 90 days) you can get this trip for 25 Euros on a "Smoove ticket".

>>

Bit difficult if the OP has already got here last week and has already gone to Paris.

Ann Arbor
Level Contributor
31 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Train from Amsterdam to Paris?

This is the reply I got to an email that I sent when trying to buy my tickets from Amsterdam to Paris. I was never denied, but got the blank page after submitting my credit card. Our of frustration I finally caved and bought our tickets through the Rail Europe US site.

Sorry for the inconvenience you're experiencing.

The E-payment engine to which we connect was recently upgraded with the new "3-D-security" software and since then we indeed have had regular messages from overseas clients, saying that their transaction has been denied. Our website manager has been informed

kay

Chicago
Level Contributor
77 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Train from Amsterdam to Paris?

You can buy the tickets the day off just arrive early enough to allow yourself enough time to purchase tickets and board.

10. Re: Train from Amsterdam to Paris?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2010, 04:16