We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which is the best pass?

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bundall
Level Contributor
116 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Which is the best pass?

Hello Everyone

Just wanting some advice on the best pass for our visit in Amsterdam.

We will be in Amsterdam for 3 nights, 4 days. We will be sightseeing the city and all the attractions.

Just wondering if the hop on off will be the best option or if we should look at other passes for transport etc

Thanks in advance for your help

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
37,297 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which is the best pass?

Sorry your post is unclear. Are you asking about transport options or something likt the Iamsterdam card or Holland pass for admission to museums etc?

Bundall
Level Contributor
116 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which is the best pass?

Transport card. Like the hop on and off bus

Thank you

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
37,297 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which is the best pass?

Never been on the HOHO bus here, see then going around and they ae quite a new thing in Amsterdam. I like to use them in other cities though to get a feel of the place and get some info from the commentary.

Personally though in Amsterdam it would be a shame not to take a tour around the canals and get a different perspective. You will probably have read that Amsterdam is a very walkable city and that is very true (depending on where your accomodation will be) and an alternative is to rent bikes which is really the best way to get around weather permintting of course.

Taking the HOHO bus for three days will be quite expensive so perhaps take it on your first day then aither walk, rent bikes or get a GVB transport pass for the trams

gvb.nl/english/travellers/tickets-and-fares/…

Enjoy

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam, The Ardennes
Level Contributor
7,358 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which is the best pass?

I think you can walk. Just select different areas that you will goto each day. There is no need to take busses or trams, unless you are really tired at the end of a day, and want to go back quickly.

Of course, a canal cruise is a must!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,340 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which is the best pass?

te only hop on hop off bus i seen is the stop and go that runs the Prinsengracht unless the OP is talking about the Canal bus, for transport the experts hit it right on, if you want to spend te money you can buy a 24,72,96 hour tram pass, not good on the metro or train to the Airport, once you activate it (swiping when you get on the tram) thats when the clock starts.

enjoy your vacation

Peace Matt

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,340 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which is the best pass?

now that i think about i do remember seeing a red school bus , but cant remeber what it said on it

Edited: 11 March 2010, 14:42
7. Re: Which is the best pass?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2010, 06:18