We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amsterdam Dungeon - anyone been?

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bolton
Level Contributor
405 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Amsterdam Dungeon - anyone been?

Just seen these on a website and they look great, has anyone been, is it worth it? How long does it take to go round?

Thanks

Level Contributor
440 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amsterdam Dungeon - anyone been?

What is the Amsterdam Dungeon? A racy nightclub?

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
50,453 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amsterdam Dungeon - anyone been?

No Bruniquel. From their (limited) website, see Google:

"The Amsterdam Dungeon is Now Open

A unique feast of fun with history's horrible bits. Live actors, a ride, shows and special effects transport you back to those black bleak times. Are you brave enough? "

Looks like mix Transsylvanian Disneyland and simple lunapark Ghosthouse. No experience myself and no plans to obtain that :-(

<Erik>

Level Contributor
440 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Amsterdam Dungeon - anyone been?

Thanks. Not my kind of attraction either (Kerensa this is not a value judgment by any means, just a reflection on my own sedated interests :-).

Eastbourne, New...
Level Contributor
520 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Amsterdam Dungeon - anyone been?

Hi,

Sorry, I've not been either. But I can add that it's in a big building on the middle of Damrak. I heard that theres a train/rollercoaster thing that runs around the inside of it, but I don't know any more than that. I have to say it looks quite tacky from the outside

Seaside Heights...
Level Contributor
417 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Amsterdam Dungeon - anyone been?

This does look interesting. Remember in that book interview with the vampire, where they had the live show and took their victims out of the audience everyday? We thought the audience was so dumb not to know they were killing that poor girl on stage...hmmm...lol

I am NOT serious! :) I would have nightmares from this place.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
90 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Amsterdam Dungeon - anyone been?

It sounds similar to the edinburgh dungeon... if that's the case it is like a disneyland ride with a halloween theme... it's good fun for not so small kids or pre-tenagers (say8-14 years old) who won't find it scary at all, but funny.

Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
5,862 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Amsterdam Dungeon - anyone been?

for more detailed description see www.365tickets.com

Seaside Heights...
Level Contributor
417 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Amsterdam Dungeon - anyone been?

Is it safe? What are the laws about safety in the Netherlands? What if you NEED to find the exit?