We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NS dayticket for only €13,50 from any AH store

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
36,163 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
NS dayticket for only €13,50 from any AH store

From the 9th til the 22nd August you can buy a day ticket which covers train travel through the whole of NL. That is a real bargain as they normally sell for €45,40.

Good thing about this offer is that you can buy then singly so great if you are travelling alone.

Some T&C's as described in the link below but only in Dutch. Basically you buy a code at the till in the supermarket and this needs to be activated on the website. You then need to print off the ticket so you will need internet access and a printer I guess.

Travel also needs to be off-peak, so after 0900 weekdays and the whole weekend.

http://www.ah.nl/ns

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
5,700 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NS dayticket for only €13,50 from any AH store

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, the last day to use the tickets is before our next trip.

liverpool, england
Level Contributor
2,000 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NS dayticket for only €13,50 from any AH store

Ron, 9th - 22nd Aug, are these the dates that the tickets are on sale or the dates that they must be used by? I do not think I will be taking advantage but it seems a great offer for those people who will be travelling throughout NL; Maybe it should be posted on the Netherlands general forum too - if you have not already.

I am sure many people will benefit from this tip - thanks Ron

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
36,163 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NS dayticket for only €13,50 from any AH store

Er kan met de dagkaart gereisd worden op zaterdag en zondag de gehele dag en van maandag t/m vrijdag vanaf 9.00 uur van 9 augustus t/m 8 oktober.

Sorry I meant to put in the post that they can be used up until the 8th October. If anybody deperately wants some of these I can buy them at my local AH and e-mail you the tickets. You can pay via pay pal or something.

Edited: 10 August 2010, 19:56
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
36,163 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: NS dayticket for only €13,50 from any AH store

Juejosh if you post in a sub forum then it automatically goes into the parent forum. i.e. if you post in Amsterdam or anywhere else in NL it will automatically be seen in the NL forum.

liverpool, england
Level Contributor
2,000 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: NS dayticket for only €13,50 from any AH store

Ron, thanks for letting me know; I should have known that your post would be put to good use anyway, shouldnt I.

Anyway, thanks again, I am sure many people will be gratful of the news.

Haarlem, The...
Level Contributor
1,608 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: NS dayticket for only €13,50 from any AH store

Thanks for the heads up. Just had a family member buy me 2 tickets for when I go back to NL. I was already on the look out for the Kruidvat tickets, didn't expect AH to have the same kind of deal!

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
13,921 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: NS dayticket for only €13,50 from any AH store

the big chains have deals from time to time..kruidvat, blokker, AH..dont know if hema does..the one i got was from blokker..€29 roundtrip anywhere in the country..went to maastricht

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: NS dayticket for only €13,50 from any AH store

Thanks RonaldoC for the information.

We (3 adults) are flying into Amsterdam on 14 September for 6 nights. These discounted daytickets could save us a fair bit of money doing various days trips to other Dutch cities/towns.

Before I shamelessly ask you to do us a favour by purchasing the AH codes on our behalf, I would like to first ascertain whether my understanding of train travel in the Netherlands is correct. For example, if we as a group do a day trip to Delft, then the train fare would be 20+ euros each (as per NS fare schedule) with no discount available (at least not in September). Is that correct?

If we do use those discounted daytickets, we can travel on the entire NS network for one day, with the exceptions being:

- some more fancy train types are excluded

- have to travel on off peak hours, which are after 9am on weekdays and all day on weekends

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
36,163 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: NS dayticket for only €13,50 from any AH store

Yep. There are no normal discounts available on train fares in NL so the normal dya return will be € 22,20. And you are correct about the limitations re off peak travel. Let me know if you want some.

Amersfoort, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
7,658 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: NS dayticket for only €13,50 from any AH store

Thanks for the heads up Ron. I've just picked up a couple myself.

Those who are considering this should be warned that there is a bit more to the process than just buying the card at AH. There they simply sell you a coupon. Once you have this you then have to go to www.ah.nl/ns to activate it. This then redirects you to the NS site where you order the actual pass. This is then sent via email.

The whole of this process is in Dutch so you need to be able to manage that or have someone who can help you.