We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scooter Experience and how to get there

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
72 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Scooter Experience and how to get there

I have read some reviews about the Scooter Experience in Landsmeer which looks to about 20 mins(13km) away by car/taxi. It seems like a good time for the day.

Here's their site: www.scooterexperience.nl/home_english.php

Has anyone done a day trip through them that can comment on it or suggest another scooter/moped company?

And, can someone help with any public transportation that will take me out there. I would rather not pay for the taxi ride if I can avoid it.

Thanks

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,441 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scooter Experience and how to get there

I found the directions on the contact page www.scooterexperience.nl/waytolandsmeer.php

Peace,

Balou

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
72 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scooter Experience and how to get there

Good call balou. Probably shouldve checked their first because it has very detailed directions.

Anyone had experience renting from them?

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
36,616 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Scooter Experience and how to get there

I suggest you put Scooter Experience in the search box. There are a few reviews of this in the forum. Here is one to get you started.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g188590-i60-k29636…

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
72 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Scooter Experience and how to get there

Thanks Ron.

I always make a search for a topic before posting and was just hoping for a little more info about what there is to do on them once out there.

That thread is helpful but it is closed which is why I chose to open a new one. Any new pieces of information always help.

New Westminster...
Level Contributor
540 posts
256 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Scooter Experience and how to get there

I did it in August. My review is here:

tripadvisor.in/ShowUserReviews-g1810906-d180…

I can send you detailed info on how to get there by bus from Amsterdam Centraal - it was easy. Send me a private note if you like.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
13,948 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Scooter Experience and how to get there

why go private with the info?..share it with the forum

New Westminster...
Level Contributor
540 posts
256 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Scooter Experience and how to get there

Sure, here's the bus info:

The Scooter Experience website instructions are correct. You can see most of it on Google Street View if you want to know what to expect.

You catch the Arriva buses from new station on river side of Centraal Station – just go right through the middle of the station. There’s a loop, and each bus has a marked stopping position. You want bus 93 or 173, direction Landsmeer.

Get a 'Waterland card' day card €7.50 from driver, cheaper than two €4 singles.

The bus will take about 27 min; tell the driver you want Fuutstraat. The bus will turn right onto Tormentilstraat; yours is the next stop, in a residential district.

For walking, use the Scooter Experience instructions; it isn’t far.

#93 leaves Centraal at :45, :15, Landsmeer Fuut 27 min later (:12, :42) so 11:15 would do nicely; backup: #173 leaves at :01, :31, arrives Fuut :29, :59

Returning, #93 goes by Fuut at :25, :55; #173 at :09, :39

To be sure, check this: arriva.hvs.ovitech.nl/hvs/HVS%20Online/

You can figure out the Dutch easily enough.

AND, for those with smaller internal capacity, the owner has an outdoor facility where you can, er, lighten the load before scootering.

8. Re: Scooter Experience and how to get there

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 March 2011, 05:15