We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Bus Tours from Amsterdam

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
30 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Day Bus Tours from Amsterdam

We travelled on two days with Lingbergh Excursions.

Each day we spent all our time on the coach.

Delft 1.hour off bus to pottery, The Hague fast drive through seeing nothing of interested, pointed out the direction of places of interest, no tour of the City as in brochure, then 1 hour stop in Madurodam, minuature Holland, Lovely activities stop.

We went back the following Day by train to The Hague,aand had lovely time enjoyed this beautiful Interesting City.

Day 2 Bruge & Ghent. First stop Ghent, 1 hour then back on bus. Arrive in Bruges with 2.1/2 hours then back on bus. Each of these Cities are realy beautiful and worthy of much more time. The canal trip in Bruges is lovely.

We had the most discriminating experience ever on the day tour:-

An American lady was behind us on outward journey.When we boarded the Coach again the courier instructed us to keep the same seats that we had on the outward journey. She then requested if passengers were travelling alone would they please give up their seats so couples could sit together.

The American Lady was offered a seat, now downstairs away from the window seat on upper deck, instead. She declined and stated that she had arrived early and had taken her seat. She was bullied for about 7 minutes, in a manner for all the other passengers to hear, by the Driver of the bus. We thought if she had been a man this would not have happened as a man would not move.

She continued to decline but he eventually asked her to leave the bus or the bus was going no further, she was left with no alternative but to move as all the passengers were not getting restless.

When we arrived at Bruges the lady was crying and we approached the currier to hear the full story. She refused to deal with the situation. Many of the passengers, including myself and my husband were upset for her.

I would not recommend this Travel company.

All in all we had 3.1/2 hours off the bus our of a total of 11hours. Too much time on bus, take the train and enjoy more time and see the places you want. Trains are inexpensive in Holland and loctions very well indicated, like London tube, very easy to use.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
1,195 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Bus Tours from Amsterdam

Thanks very much for the warning...we'll stay clear of this tour company.

Amersfoort, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
7,671 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day Bus Tours from Amsterdam

I have mailed Lingbergh Excursions advising them about this thread and asking if they wish to respond.

Let's see if they do.

Amsterdam, The...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Day Bus Tours from Amsterdam

Dear Mrs. Browtal,

I have read your mail and have also send you a personal message as I would like to let you know we take matters like this very seriously and this will definately not be ignored. Hopefully you will contact me.

Kind regards,

Lindbergh Excursions

4. Re: Day Bus Tours from Amsterdam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 October 2010, 12:35
5. Re: Day Bus Tours from Amsterdam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2011, 05:16