We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vantage Travel: Holland,Begium river cruise

Shelby, Ohio
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Vantage Travel: Holland,Begium river cruise

Has anyone traveled on Vantages River Odyssey?

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,268 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Vantage Travel: Holland,Begium river cruise

2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Vantage Travel: Holland,Begium river cruise

Yes, we were on the Vantage River Odyssey for Holland/Belgium and Keukenhof in April, 2011. It was wonderful. My spouse, the reluctant traveler, even loved it. The boat does this itinerary routinely so the travels ran like clockwork. The cabin had adequate storage space, the beds were comfortable (with individual duvets), the menus were superb and the passenger care was attentive, from the cabin steward to the front desk to the program managers.

The cruise had been mentioned at several Vantage Memoralbe Journey meetings as one of the best and these recommendations were certainly correct. The itinerary is jam packed. I suppose if you skipped the optional excursions you'd have a little more time to yourself. Even the on-board entertainment was so enjoyable passengers were talking about it all the next morning.

For Keukenhof, I'd suggest choosing dates between the middle of April and the beginning of May. We just happened to hit it just right, or so we thought.

We're regular world travelers so I am pleaseantly surprised that we were this impressed.

Shelby, Ohio
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vantage Travel: Holland,Begium river cruise

We went on this cruise in late May and just missed the Keukenoff bloom.. all other aspects of the trip we just as you mentioned... excellent.

Thanks again.

Saint Simons Island...
Level Contributor
208 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vantage Travel: Holland,Begium river cruise

I will be on this cruise departing Amsterdam April 19th. Our flight gets in early that morning so am concerned about when we can board the ship. Do you remember? Also, how close is the ship docked to the city center?

Any suggestions will be most appreciated!

5. Re: Vantage Travel: Holland,Begium river cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2013, 10:18
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now