We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st time for the wife trying weed!!!

southampton
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
1st time for the wife trying weed!!!

Howdy all

off to amsterdam this weekend and we will be enjoying the delights including smoking or eating the weed,

i have smoked in the past but gave up a year or so ago but as they say (when in rome) but my wife has never tried it before, any advise the wife please,

I want her to try it but not get totally smashed

thanks in advance

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,528 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st time for the wife trying weed!!!

#1 The single best advice I or anyone else will give you is to ---pick a well recommended shop and then be totally honest with the bud tender and follow their advice.

#2 I know you realize this but---make sure she goes slow---even slower---have some sugar or candy around just in case---it will help if she does over do it.

southampton
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st time for the wife trying weed!!!

thanks can you recommend any good coffee shops i should try

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,528 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st time for the wife trying weed!!!

www.coffeeshop.freeuk.com/Dampkring.html

Others will have their fav but I find the original Dampkring to be hard to beat.

They have a great selection and when I have been in there they have had very patient, well informed, bud tenders.

Besides if you are a fan of Oceans 12 you can see where they did some of the filming. And after hours partying I am told.

Also that link will take you to a great site. Full of good info on the AMS CS's.

Edited: 07 February 2011, 19:40
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,441 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1st time for the wife trying weed!!!

Probably start with something on the lower end. (Jack Herer, White Widow, Northern Lights) Smoke about half of it with her and see how she feels. Also it may be a good idea to have a soda or fruit juice handy to prevent a whitey. Eating a spacecake is not the best thing for a first timer, IMO. It can take up to an hour to kick in and there is no way of reducing the high. If she is up to it still, maybe eat 1/4 of the cake/brownie wait an hour and then eat another quarter. You can find more of info over at ACD, www.coffeeshopdirect.com

Peace,

Balou

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,528 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1st time for the wife trying weed!!!

http://www.coffeeshop.freeuk.com/Map.html

Here is a map that you should find interesting. Just click on the cs name to get a review and info.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,033 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 1st time for the wife trying weed!!!

budtenders are use to newbies and they dont want people whiting out. so as said, be completely honest with them and they can point you to a milder strain..have her take a couple hits to gauge the effect..if she gets too high get her some orange juice, candy, something with a high sugar content..

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
5,793 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1st time for the wife trying weed!!!

Take something light (the bud tenderer behind the bar will gladly help) to start with. Avoid space cake ; you will have no idea how much or little you have taken !! Drink cola if you need to counteract the effects and come down quicker.

Take the joint/whatever in a safe place; the coffeeshops are generally safe and comfortable; but make sure that your wife really is relaxed. Do not panic; relax and go with the flow. ;-) If necessary, retire to your hotel room.

Tell the bud tenderer what effect you want (energetic/spaced/ relaxed/horny etc!) and they will recommend something to give you the effect that you want.

My favourites include Stix on the Utrechtsestraat; Barney's on the Reguliersgracht and the Green House near the Waterlooplein. These places are not in the very centre so not as 'touristy' as some of those elsewhere.

Hope this helps

southampton
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 1st time for the wife trying weed!!!

Thanks for all your reply`s what i forgot to mention is that the wifey is a non -smoker, I might have to get her on the vaporizer...

North Carolina
Level Contributor
260 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 1st time for the wife trying weed!!!

You might offer Mrs. Nonsmoker some Space Cake (muffins, banana bread, etc.)

Good for non-smokers, but quality and strength varies from shop to shop. ("YMMV")

Similar thread is running in parallel to this one. See:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g188590-i60-k42250…

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
5,793 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 1st time for the wife trying weed!!!

A water pipe - which is what I use as a non-smoker - should suit Mrs. Non-smoker fine! ;-)