We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

8:50 am flight Amsterdam to Munich

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Winter Haven...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
8:50 am flight Amsterdam to Munich

We are staying at the Marriott in Amsterdam. We have a weekday flight at 8:50 am to Munich to connect for a flight to USA. I have be told that security is faster for intra european flights than fort flights to USA. How early should we plan on a taxi, we has multiple bags, to the airport????

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,441 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 8:50 am flight Amsterdam to Munich

I am assuming you are flying Lufthansa since you're flying through Munich to the States. The check-in desk at Schiphol can be a mad house for an early morning flight since they handle a few other airlines also. I had a 7:30 flight this past Summer got to the airport at 6:20 and the line was extremely long. If I hadn't been an elite member I would have missed my flight.

Peace,

Balou

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
52,089 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 8:50 am flight Amsterdam to Munich

Agree. There's 2 bottlenecks: first the LH bag drop-off and then the X-ray security check to enter the Schengen transit zone. The latter has long queues at times in morning rush hour, e.g. 6:30-7AM on weekdays. But lots better at 8 AM I presume. So security might be faster for Schengen but that won't help - for USA flights (and all other non-Schengen ones) everyone catches the flight as soon as they are IN the security queue (at the gate already), for Schengen flights you only catch the flight if you've first passed the full scan and then have ran to your gate.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 8:50 am flight Amsterdam to Munich

Early mornings are like a "third world" airport. Get there at least 2 hours before departure.

War

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
13,973 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 8:50 am flight Amsterdam to Munich

my last departure for morning flight on KLM still makes me shudder thinking about it..what a freaking unorganized mad house.

5. Re: 8:50 am flight Amsterdam to Munich

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2012, 11:16