We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Estherea or Hotel Toren?

Level Contributor
509 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Estherea or Hotel Toren?

I cannot decide between these two. How do they compare re location , service, rooms etc?

Over the Atlantic
Level Contributor
412 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Estherea or Hotel Toren?

I would rate them equal. Toren is closer to centraal station and in a minimally quieter area. Estherea is closer to some better restaurants and to a tram stop. Don't think you'd be disappointed with either.

Amersfoort, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
7,721 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Estherea or Hotel Toren?

Both lovely hotels, both well located, both deserve their high ranking in the TA reviews.

Having said that my vote goes to the Estherea, I find it a bit classier. The only caveat I would add is that some of their rooms are small.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
6,023 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Estherea or Hotel Toren?

Love the Esthera location. Tree lined canal and quiet.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
5,793 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Estherea or Hotel Toren?

The Estherea would also get my vote from a location point of view.

Level Contributor
509 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Estherea or Hotel Toren?

Thanks for the input. Most people seem to prefer the Estherea. I like the idea of having cafes and restaurants right outside the hotel. Is this true? Also I would like to be walking distance to sites.Can someone explain exactly why they like the location of the Estherea better? I really appreciate all the input I can get. Thanks so much.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,033 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Estherea or Hotel Toren?

they are both canal facing hotel..the estherea along the singel..a little more treelined and a bit closer to the action..toren is on keizergracht. both are nice hotels. you have to weigh all the pros and cons and then flip a coin!!

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
5,793 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Estherea or Hotel Toren?

To be honest, not much to pick and choose between them: I actually think that the Toren looks a bit pokey in comparison to the Estherea. The Estherea is not only across the Singel from the city's Negen Straatjes area, full of cute shops and restaurants and bars, and in the other direction you are in the heart of one of the city's busy shopping areas.

The Toren Hotel is located a bit closer to the city's train station and further away than the Estherea from most attractions such as the Vondelpark and the Museum area.

Generally, the area surrounding the Estherea is, in my view, a little more 'genteel'.

Edited: 18 February 2011, 19:55
Level Contributor
509 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Estherea or Hotel Toren?

Thanks again everybody. I have decided that between the two I will choose Estherea. But I am still a bit confused. I see TAs talking about Dam Square area. Is this a superior area,? What is the best area to be in for cafes, restaurants and proximity to sites?

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,531 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Estherea or Hotel Toren?

"Is this a superior area,?"

No. Just different.

All areas in the center are close to cafes, bars, activity.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
5,793 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel Estherea or Hotel Toren?

The city's main nightlife area, apart from the RLD, comprising bars, restaurants, cafes and clubs are the Rembrandtplein and the Leidseplein, and the Estherea is well situated for both these areas.

"Superior area" ? oh how quaint !! Hyacinth would be most impressed!! ;-)