We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to the airport early in the morning

mississauga
Level Contributor
277 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to the airport early in the morning

I have a flight from Amsterdam to Toronto at 8am on a Saturday, so I'm guessing that I will have to leave my hotel at 5:30am. I think the easiest way to get to the airport at that time will be via taxi. Is there a flat rate in place? I checked the airport shuttle service (www.airporthotelshuttle.nl/site/toonhotel.asp) but they do not have my hotel Clemens on the list. They have service to and from Di-Ann Hotel which is right next door for 15 Euro one way.

1. Will it be cheaper to take a taxi? (2 ppl) How much will average taxi fare be?

2. Does the service run every day to each of the hotels listed on its path even if no one has made a reservation?

3. Can I book the shuttle service through Di-Ann hotel even tho I am not a guest?

4. Can I simply stand outside the Di-Ann hotel and hop on the shuttle and pay the driver?

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
North Holland Province, The Netherlands
Clemens Hotel
Clemens Hotel
1,147 Reviews
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Hotel Di-Ann
Hotel Di-Ann
711 Reviews
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
59,184 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to the airport early in the morning

Hi there,

1] That's around 45 euro, not that much above 2 x 15 euro.

2] No only with reservation

3] Best to call the Connexxion service yourself once you're in Dam, maybe Friday afternoon, to book.

4] And yes, then stand outside at their 'shuttle stop'.

Note that they don't have a very good reputation for being timely with pickups, my bet would be taxi...

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,454 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to the airport early in the morning

yes, taxi...call and reserve one the night before...TCA is reliable and punctual..im pulling this phone number off top of my head..so someone correct me if wrong...020 777 7777

mississauga
Level Contributor
277 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to the airport early in the morning

thanks. 45 euro is a bit more pricey than i thought it would be. I will also check the train/rail schedule but I was hoping not to take a train just in case I miss my train or there are some other unexpected problems.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
16,713 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to the airport early in the morning

I have taken the connex shuttle back to the airport close to 15 times without issue. Always on time---at least for me.

That said----take the taxi. Bite the bullet.

Its far to early a flight to be messing around.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,441 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting to the airport early in the morning

The last time I had an early flight like that and used the shuttle, it never came. I ended up walking to the train station. YMMV

Peace,

Balou

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
1,203 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting to the airport early in the morning

Early morning at that airport is a "mad house"..."third world".

You should be there trying to check-in at 5:30. {:"}

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
5,793 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting to the airport early in the morning

The cost from your hotel will be less than EUR 40 (it is cheaper from the town to the airport!) so that is less that EUR 20 each; I am sure you saved more than EUR 20 on your flight ticket compared to full price!

Drink a couple of less beers the night before; it will have paid for the extra-over cost of the taxi, I suggest!!

mississauga
Level Contributor
277 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting to the airport early in the morning

thanks for all the helpful information. I think my best bet will be to take a taxi. I think I feel safest with this decision.

9. Re: Getting to the airport early in the morning

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 14:18