We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long Weekend is Planned.....

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
171 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Long Weekend is Planned.....

My long weekend in Amsterdam is now planned and I keep reading the boards to get as much detail so that my questions aren't redundant. So far this is the plan so please tell me if it will work of not:

Thursday;

I have an early arrival and my BF doesn't arrive until evening so now I'm looking into going by myself to Keikenhof? Yes, I can leave my luggage at the airport but does it make sense for me to go to our hotel and leave my lugagge there instead?

Friday:

Carouself for breakfast, walk around, Heineken Experience, House of Bols, Nemo, Anne Frank, museums, 7pm pizza canal cruise

Saturday:

Hague, Madurodam and Scheveningen

Sunday:

Zaanse Schans

Nights will be spent going to the bars/clubs. Also, are there any open air markets in Amsterdam?

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
13,946 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Long Weekend is Planned.....

you could stash your bags at hotel. but to get to get to the hof you still need to pass through the airport again..so id stash bags at airport go to the hof from there...

plenty of open air markets...waterlooplein, noordermarkt on saturday, albert cuyp straat

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
171 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Long Weekend is Planned.....

okay, so I land, store my luggage then catch Bus 58 to the hof (took me a moment to figure out what you were talking about). How long is the bus ride from Schipol to the hof?

I will check out those open air markets that you mentioned. I love walking around those so I need to fit that into my schedule also.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
13,946 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Long Weekend is Planned.....

about 30 minutes..not that far

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
171 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Long Weekend is Planned.....

just read about the 3 markets you mentioned and the Albert Cuyp Straat is exactly what I'm loking for so THANK YOU!

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
13,946 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Long Weekend is Planned.....

no problem...tram 16 will get you out there..stops right next to the market

Amersfoort, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
7,671 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Long Weekend is Planned.....

Just to add to what Steve has said.

Tram 16 will indeed get you to the market, as will 24 and 4. The 24 goes to the same side as the 16, the no. 4 goes to the other end.

Its also a great area for restaurants and bars btw. I really like Bazar which is about half way along the street.

Edited: 30 March 2011, 06:41
7. Re: Long Weekend is Planned.....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 17:17