We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how early do the trains to airport begin?

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
chicago, IL
Level Contributor
290 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
how early do the trains to airport begin?

We have a 7:30 am flight out, can you tell me how early we need to be at the airport, and at what time the trains from Centraal Station begin running to the aiport? Will this be a problem? Thanks .

Cherikm

Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
888 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how early do the trains to airport begin?

At night, trains run on an hourly basis at .45 past the hour (on weekdays). If you take the 4.45am train, you will arrive at Schiphol at 4.59am. 2.5hrs before departure should be fine :)

chicago, IL
Level Contributor
290 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how early do the trains to airport begin?

Thanks so much, that sounds great except we are leaving on a Saturday. Is the schedule different over the weekend?

Cheri

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
5,804 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how early do the trains to airport begin?

You can check the train schedule for your day of travel at the below link.

http://www.ns.nl/cs/Satellite/travellers

Amersfoort, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
7,702 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how early do the trains to airport begin?

Yes, the service starts later and there are fewer early morning trains on a Saturday. I nearly got caught out by that last year.

Make sure you check the times on the link given above and arrive at the station with a little bit of time to spare.

chicago, IL
Level Contributor
290 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how early do the trains to airport begin?

Thanks again. I checked the schedule and there is a train at 5:05 arriving at 5:27 which should be perfect. I appreciate all the help.

Cheri

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
37,288 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: how early do the trains to airport begin?

Where is your hotel? Perhaps the airport bus (which aso runs all night) would be a better bet

chicago, IL
Level Contributor
290 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: how early do the trains to airport begin?

We're staying at the NH Barbizon, which is right across from the train station I believe.

8. Re: how early do the trains to airport begin?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 18:16