We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fast train from Amsterdam to Paris - when to buy tix?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
556 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Fast train from Amsterdam to Paris - when to buy tix?

Hello

I am taking the Eurostar on April 28 to Paris. My hope is to take the fastest most direct one.

What is the best way to secure tickets, and should I buy them before I leave or could I wait until I arrive in Amsterdam on April 23?

Many thanks

Beth

mississauga
Level Contributor
277 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fast train from Amsterdam to Paris - when to buy tix?

I will be doing a similar trip but from Paris to Amsterdam. If you know that you will for sure traveling on the 28th I recommend you book in advance as from reading previous posts and checking the prices regularly I found that the closer to the date the more expensive the tickets are. If booking via eurostar site the prices right now are 92 euro per person (assuming adult fare without discounts and non refundable). prices on thalys.com are 79 euros. you can also check raileurope.com but prices tend to be higher. I booked mine for 35 euros but i booked the first day the tickets were available. If money is not of concern you can also just book when you arrive in Amsterdam.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,437 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fast train from Amsterdam to Paris - when to buy tix?

skywalkerbeth: You are taking the Eurostar from London to Paris on April 28th?

I don't understand your question. When are you planning to travel to Amsterdam?

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
39,363 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fast train from Amsterdam to Paris - when to buy tix?

The Eurostar only goes from London to Paris and Brussels, not to Amsterdam. You need the Thalys.

Answer is but your tickets today. They will only go up in price.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
556 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fast train from Amsterdam to Paris - when to buy tix?

Sorry, I meant Thalys train.

I just booked them on the Thalys site. 154E for Comfort 1.

You guys are quick! Thanks for the replies.

I should have bought these a month ago.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,437 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fast train from Amsterdam to Paris - when to buy tix?

I just re-read your Q again and I'm not sure if you are confused or I am.

If you are asking about train travel between Amsterdam and Paris, you are not traveling on the Eurostar (which travels between London and Paris), you will take the Thalys train.

You can get a discounted fare on Thalys by booking ahead of time. It costs more if you wait until the last minute. The discounted fares may already be gone for your trip, but you can check.

www.thalys.com

ETA: Oops, I was posting at the same time. I see you've sorted it out!

Edited: 12 April 2011, 16:39
6. Re: Fast train from Amsterdam to Paris - when to buy tix?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 15:16