We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Haarlam and Utrecht

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
188 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Haarlam and Utrecht

I'm interested in a day trip from A'Dam next week. Is it possible to see the main sights in these cities in a day. If not, what would you recommend? What are the "not to miss" areas of these cities?

Thanks you for your kind help.

Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
888 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Haarlam and Utrecht

Instead of visiting Haarlem and Utrecht, why not combine a visit to Haarlem with Leiden? To me this makes more sense, since Haarlem is located between Leiden and Amsterdam, whereas Utrecht is more to the south east. Both cities can be visited in a day.

However, it would be even better (I think) to combine Leiden with a visit to Keukenhof if you're interested in flowers. Then you can visit Haarlem and Zandvoort (beach) on another day if you have enough time. The weather should be really nice next week.

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
188 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Haarlam and Utrecht

Thanks so much. Sorry for the misspelling of Haarlem. We will be taking a full day at Leiden and Keukenhof, so may add Haarlem for another day. We will have another full day for another town near A'Dam... any Utrecht fans that recommend going there? Or do you experts vote for another historic town near A'Dam?

3. Re: Haarlam and Utrecht

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 04:16