We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which type of Adaptor prongs?

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,709 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Which type of Adaptor prongs?

What type of adaptor do I need for the electrical outlets in Amsterdam? My appliance is dual voltage, so I don't need a converter, just an adaptor. Do the electrical outlets use round prongs or squared, two prong or three? (If anyone knows this for Brussels, too, that would be helpful as well.)

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,441 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which type of Adaptor prongs?

Europe uses the two round prongs. You can use Google to see a picture.

Peace,

Balou

AZ
Level Contributor
16 posts
502 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which type of Adaptor prongs?

Remember that an adapter will not change the electricity. If your appliance or computer isn't rated for 220 you will need to bring a converter, too. Your hotel might have one to lend but they can be in short supply in high season.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,441 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which type of Adaptor prongs?

The OP said its dual voltage so they shouldn't need a converter.

Peace,

Balou

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,260 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which type of Adaptor prongs?

< Do the electrical outlets use round prongs or squared, two prong or three? (If anyone knows this for Brussels, too, that would be helpful as well.) >

Belgium (and therefore Brussels) uses the Europlug with 2 round pins http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europlug …telenet.be/worldstandards/electricity.htm

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,709 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which type of Adaptor prongs?

Thanks for the help. I have a bag full of adaptor plugs for around the world, but can never remember which ones go where, and always have to check before I go.

6. Re: Which type of Adaptor prongs?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 10:18