We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

liquor

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,091 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
liquor

Can we bring in a 750ml of liquor each for our trip.

thank you

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,441 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: liquor

You can as long as it's not over I believe 150 proof. Make sure you put it in a couple of zip lock bags since it has to go in your checked bag. Liquor at the store is about the same as it is in the states. You could also buy it from the duty free.

Peace,

Balou

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,091 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: liquor

Thank you, Normally I put it in a plastic water bottle and in a gym sock and we invested in hard sided luggage so we don't have much carry on souvieners It would amaze you to see what the airlines has done to the luggage that you do not see with soft sided. I think customs would like to see the original container.

Can you buy duty free in the Ams airport and bring it into Ams.

Amersfoort, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
7,744 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: liquor

No duty free on arrival I'm afraid. You have to present a valid boarding card before you can buy anything.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
38,893 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: liquor

I think Balou meant you should buy it in the USA or wherever you are coming from.

We do have liquor here though. Can't imagne it is that much more expensive. A bottle of Jack daniels for instance is around €18 in the cheaper Dirk III shops.

5. Re: liquor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 23:16