We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

If not Amsterdam, then what city for 2 night trip.

knoxville
Level Contributor
16 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
If not Amsterdam, then what city for 2 night trip.

My wife and I are laying over for two nights from the Amsterdam airport. If we bypassed Amsterdam, what city should we visit?

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: If not Amsterdam, then what city for 2 night trip.

I wouldnt advise bypassing Amsterdam, I recently did amsterdam in two days and loved it. Other cities in the Netherlands however, If your interested in History, Haarlem or Utrecht, culture, on Friday Alkmeer, other days Zaanse Schans or Madurodam miniture village. If its in March-May Keukenhof, or theres the factories at Delft.

Haarlem, The...
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
306 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: If not Amsterdam, then what city for 2 night trip.

Utrecht is a beautiful city and The Hague has some nice sights to visit (Parliament Buildings, Peace Palace etc.) and also has the beach in adjacent Scheveningen.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: If not Amsterdam, then what city for 2 night trip.

its easier getting into amsterdam from the airport then just about any other surrounding city...but utrecht is easy train ride away..as is leiden..there is a bus to haarlem from the airport.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
39,287 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: If not Amsterdam, then what city for 2 night trip.

Delft is a must IMO

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
624 posts
820 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: If not Amsterdam, then what city for 2 night trip.

Utrecht is a wonderful city. Once you get past the railway station and into the centre there is a lovely old centre with canals as well for exploring. Another option which is a little further is Alkmaar in the north.

6. Re: If not Amsterdam, then what city for 2 night trip.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2012, 21:16