We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cigars at the Airport

Berkeley, California
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cigars at the Airport

Hello forum, does anyone know if there are any cigar shops at the airport where I can buy some Cubans while in transit?

Thanks,

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,204 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cigars at the Airport

you illegally bringing back to the states?..just askin

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Cigars at the Airport

I've always brought Cubans (cigars) from Nassau and Cozumel into the USA. Cubans (cigars) are the least of their worry vs drugs etc., entering the USA.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,204 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cigars at the Airport

still illegal dude..its stupid i agree..and chances are you wont get caught..its up to you..im not your momma..to answer the OP, yes they sell cigars at the airport..whether they are cuban i cant tell you.

Berkeley, California
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Cigars at the Airport

...I'll be travelling from USA to Turkey, and have a layover in Amstrdam.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
16,003 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cigars at the Airport

Too bad you are not getting into town. One truly great cigar store not all that far from Dam sq

http://www.hajenius.com/

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,204 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Cigars at the Airport

true john..if you are a cigar guy hajenius is nirvana

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
898 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cigars at the Airport

I do not smoke cigars, but love that place! We always stop in and buy some for friends, I just love the smell in there!!

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
40,970 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cigars at the Airport

Just to answer your question. Yes all of the large shops stock a wide selection of Cuban cigars. They have Cohiba, Montecristo etc. Not cheap though.

bridgnorth
Level Contributor
3,450 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Cigars at the Airport

There is a shop selling havana cigars with a walk in humidor opposite the large duty free shop at the airport. The prices are quite high but less than the UK. There are some cheaper machine rolled cubans, but I don't think they are as good as the Central American (Honduras Dominican ) which are available in the USA.

10. Re: Cigars at the Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 22:15