We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast place near the passenger terminal with good coffee

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Breakfast place near the passenger terminal with good coffee

Is there a cafe or bakery quite near the passenger terminal for an early (0700 each day) breakfast?

Six of us will be at the Movenpick but the travel budget doesn't cover the expense of a hotel breakfast.

All suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!

Soflo

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
40,368 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast place near the passenger terminal with good coffee

I don't think so but they are opeing stuff down there all the time so there could be a coffee shop. There is a Subway there though.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
5,303 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast place near the passenger terminal with good coffee

Ask them to shuttle you to Centraal station then just walk across the road from there you will find several places around there for eats

I am not sure if the Subway was open in the morning but we did get lunch there

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
40,368 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfast place near the passenger terminal with good coffee

www.subway.nl/storelocator/storelocator.php…

Openingstijden:

Maandag

09.00 - 20.00

Dinsdag

09.00 - 20.00

Woensdag

09.00 - 20.00

Donderdag

09.00 - 20.00

Vrijdag

09.00 - 20.00

Zaterdag

11.00 - 19.00

Zondag

11.00 - 19.0

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
238 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breakfast place near the passenger terminal with good coffee

There's a Starbucks at Central Station, you could walk there. I believe it opens at 7.

Amersfoort, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
7,801 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breakfast place near the passenger terminal with good coffee

Bartje, shame on you!

The OP asked for a place with "Good Coffee" and you go recommending Starbucks :-)

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
40,368 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Breakfast place near the passenger terminal with good coffee

Who mentioned the 'S' word on here!!!!!

Bartje now you have to say "Mochachacacoastalottee, Vanilla flavouring in my coffee" 500 times whilst turning in your own grave.

Sham, shame, shame on you.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
238 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Breakfast place near the passenger terminal with good coffee

Snobs.

I have had more coffee than certain countries in the world. From the best coffee in Rome&Venice and Kopi Luwak to stuff that has never even been *near* a coffee bean. I've tried the local coffee across the world. And I think Starbucks offers a consistently good cup of coffee.

People picking on Starbucks is like those people picking on Hollywood movies because they appeal to big audiences.

If you don't want 'vanilla flavouring in your coffee', DON'T ORDER IT.

They have good beans and very good coffee makers. Just order an espresso. Or have some filter coffee.

I'll be here when you come back to take your words back :)

Amersfoort, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
7,801 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Breakfast place near the passenger terminal with good coffee

There are IMO many places in Amsterdam that serve much better coffee than Starbucks. Coffee Connection (Not the chain) on Nieuwezijds Kolk being one of them.

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g188590-d1…

I'm not against Starbucks per se. There is certainly worse coffee around. I just find it overpriced for what they sell. Also it is a bit like going to a McDonalds. Pretty well the same experience anywhere in the world.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
40,368 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Breakfast place near the passenger terminal with good coffee

Snob. LOL

Lighten up dude, we will obviously have to agree to differ. My problem with Starbucks is not their coffee although it’s not that great. The problem is their viral implementation strategy to have a Starbucks on every corner and in the process good local coffee shops shut down because most people are too lazy or don't care enough to search out or just can't find a decent coffee place then they see Starbucks (because you can't go 200m without seeing one) and just go in there. Then the local shops cannot compete and close down.

That's the reason I would not go and spend money in Starbucks. And anyway it goes to show you the mentality of the people who do when they can sell a coffee in a 31 US fl oz (920 mL) cup. I mean nearly a litre of coffee, that's not even good for you

The same thing happens when they are hungry and can't find anywhere decent to eat then they see MacDonalds and just make do with that.

So glad you enjoyed your coffee in Italy. Strange that even although the founders of Starbucks modelled their coffee shops on Italian espresso houses, they have zero shops in Italy. That says it all.

Here they now have I think 13 outlets mainly based at railway stations and five in Schiphol. That is a clever strategy because they can survive in those location because of the passing trade mainly made up of transient people who don't have the time to sit down and wait for and drink a decent coffee and also lots of people who are already brand aware, tourists mainly.

So be careful what you wish for my friend as the little pet alligator will grow up to become a beast that you can't control.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
238 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Breakfast place near the passenger terminal with good coffee

I know Coffee Connection, been there. Espresso-wise, not really that different from Starbucks. About the same price too. (Sure, I agree that anything but the filter coffee & espresso is overpriced. But I don't drink that anywhere-not Starbucks or anywhere else).

Many people in fact go out of their way to go to a Starbucks, instead of another coffee house. Certainly not because they are "too lazy to look for anything else". The fact that they're based at railway stations is an entirely different issue. I have problem with their viral marketing. It works, so they're damn right to do it.

(And on a brighter note: No harm in drinking a liter of coffee. In fact, it *is* good for you. )