We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bike hire options in Amsterdam

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester
Level Contributor
77 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Bike hire options in Amsterdam

When in Rome...

Me and my partner will be hoping to hire bikes when in Amsterdam this weekend as it will be a wonderful way to experience the city.

Please can anyone recommend a reputable bike hire place. We will be staying nr the Anne Frank house.

Thanks

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
36,557 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bike hire options in Amsterdam

Mac bike rental, Yellow bike or google is your friend. There are many places which will rent bikes out all over the city.

This place is close and cheaper

http://www.discountbikerental.nl/

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
Level Contributor
8,852 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bike hire options in Amsterdam

I always go to:

www.bikecity.nl

Super nice guys.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
1,364 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bike hire options in Amsterdam

Hi -

I second Pala32 - we always go to BikeCity when hiring bikes for out of town guests. It's very close to where you are, on the Bloemengracht.

Enjoy - MMK

Manchester
Level Contributor
77 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bike hire options in Amsterdam

Great tips! thanks all.

5. Re: Bike hire options in Amsterdam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 August 2012, 19:35
Germany
Level Contributor
561 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bike hire options in Amsterdam

We ended up renting from Macbikes at CS - they have a large selection but I wasn't too happy with the service.

We were really impressed with Star Bikes http://www.starbikesrental.com/ and they are about 20%-30% cheaper than most other places we saw but on the day we wanted to rent the bikes what we needed (child tandem) was already rented out so that's why we went to Macbikes.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
36,557 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bike hire options in Amsterdam

>>There is no way the bike could have been stolen without the lock keys.<<

Wanna bet? Amsterdam has some of the best bike thieves in Europe. Some even carry battery operated disc cutters. 2 mins and your bike is gone. I presume you chained it to something solid?

>>The Police told us that some bike company's steel their own bikes<<

Of course the police would say something like that. It deflects their inability to stop these junkies stealing bikes. If they suspect companies of this then why are they not doing something about it?

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
Level Contributor
8,852 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bike hire options in Amsterdam

I must put my foot down and stand up for Bike City. We've come to know these guys over the years. There's absolutely no way they went out "stole" it. No Way. And, their bikes are particularly NOT distinctive.

Also the theft insurance at Bike City is €2,50 per day.

9. Re: Bike hire options in Amsterdam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2013, 10:17