We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's your opinion on Airport Transfer?

Malta
Level Contributor
47 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
What's your opinion on Airport Transfer?

Hello,

I know you probably received this question a million times but I am still finding difficulty figuring out the best way to get from Schipol Airport to The Bridge Hotel (Amstel 107-111). Can anyone suggest?

The airport shuttle won't do as they do not service my hotel and the closest stop is a 15 minutes walk that I don't think I can do with the luggages, apart from the fact that we leave Amsterdam very early in the morning (must leave hotel at 5am). The other option I looked at was the train but I have the same concern regarding luggages.

So that leaves me with one option I guess, taxi/private transport? Does anyone know of a good reliable company with fair prices?

Your feedback would really help... thanks.

Highlights of Amsterdam Sightseeing...
302 reviews
from US$20.30*
Amsterdam Tour with Canal Cruise or...
351 reviews
from US$31.70*
Amsterdam Canal Cruise
24 reviews
from US$20.30*
Special Offer
Amsterdam Sightseeing Tour plus...
57 reviews
from US$95.20*
US$106.70
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
57,381 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's your opinion on Airport Transfer?

All standby airport taxis have more or less similar prices, metered; count for 45-50 euro to this part of town. For the return ride, ask the hotel to book - they might use TCA, the best trusted company in town.

That having said, it's only 5 mins walk from the closest metro stops (Weesperplein and south exit of Waterlooplein) and that plus train would be a LOT cheaper for arrivals.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
40,933 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's your opinion on Airport Transfer?

Take the train to Amsterdam Central, walk outside and take a cab. Total cost for two around 15 euros.

Take the train to Amsterdam Zuid WTC station and then metro to the Weesperplein. This will take about the same travel time, 7 mins on the train and about 17 minutes on the Metro, To CS by train is 17 minutes and around 6 minutes on the Metro however Zuid station is much easier to negotiate and the metro much easier to find. You will need seperate train and GVB tickets. Total cost around 9 euros.

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,924 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What's your opinion on Airport Transfer?

If you book a taxi to pick you up at the hotel do use TCA 020 7777777 and ask for the Schiphol rate which is fixed and cheaper than the meter rate.

If you get a cab at the airport choose a Shiphol Taxi Service or TCA car,the sign on the roof will tell you and you do NOT have to take the first car in the line.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam, The Ardennes
Level Contributor
7,745 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What's your opinion on Airport Transfer?

Still, I always love to hear the stories of people that do NOT take the first cab in line......

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
40,933 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What's your opinion on Airport Transfer?

TCA are not allowed to pick up at the Schiphol rank since two years ago I think.

Dropping off no problem though.

TCA are allowed to pick up if pre-booked but they are not allowed in the rank

dutchamsterdam.nl/649-tca-taxi-schiphol-airp…

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
40,933 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What's your opinion on Airport Transfer?

Ger, a few months ago I was on my way back from Prague. I was on company time so I took a cab home. The barrier got stuck at the entrance to the rank so no taxis could get in. After about 10 minutes there was a huge queue. When they fixed it loads of cabs came in and as I was standing near tha barrier I just flagged one down. She stopped and I got in. There were some very anry facees in the queue as we drove past. Served them right though. Actualy my driver was a bit of a philosopher. She said she had stopped because I was standing out fromthe crownd and that you should never join a queue that you hadn't started.

:-)

7. Re: What's your opinion on Airport Transfer?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 November 2012, 10:22