We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Keukenhof Tulips Garden - any regular dates ?

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
676 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Keukenhof Tulips Garden - any regular dates ?

I am planning a trip and a visit to this Tulips affair is a must.

I understand that this exhibition will run at least a month; anyone know a sure date that I will not miss it in any year ?

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
49,703 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Keukenhof Tulips Garden - any regular dates ?

It's always 'late March' until 'late May', exact dates vary of course. Peak for tulips, depending on the climate and hence quite UNpredictable (can vary 1-2 weeks at least), is late April-early May.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
35,613 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Keukenhof Tulips Garden - any regular dates ?

http://www.keukenhof.nl/

ON the home page

Opening times: 22 March to 20 May 2012

open from 8.00 a.m. to 19.30 p.m. daily

(ticket office closes at 18.00 p.m.).

Including all Sundays and public holidays.

Flower Parade: 21 April 2012

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam, The Ardennes
Level Contributor
7,215 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Keukenhof Tulips Garden - any regular dates ?

I think the best bet is to go in the middle of this period, so around april 15-25

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
290 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Keukenhof Tulips Garden - any regular dates ?

Is it easy to get to the gardens by public transportation?

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
13,865 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Keukenhof Tulips Garden - any regular dates ?

yes, very...see our Top questions about AMSTERDAM. we have an article for k-hof

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
676 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Keukenhof Tulips Garden - any regular dates ?

Thanks, I will plan for mid-april in order to be sure of not missing it.

sydney australia
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Keukenhof Tulips Garden - any regular dates ?

also if you like flowers, I think you must go to Aalsmeer Flower Auction Warehouse which operates all year round as far as I know. Need to get there early in the morning say 9.00ish as after 11.00 its starts to slow down I was told. We got there by 9.30 and spent at least 2 hrs there, I dragged my husband there but he loved it too. Its like the Stockexchange of flowers...you get to see the distribution of flowers, the auction room (tho you cant hear anything). The colors in June were stunning.

Piacenza, Italy
Level Contributor
644 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Keukenhof Tulips Garden - any regular dates ?

It's really easy to go by public transports. I was staying near the central station in Amsterdam, I went by train to Shiphol and then by bus to Keukenhof. You can buy a combi ticket at the tourist ofice in front of the station.

I don't know when you're planning to go, but I'd like to suggest you not to go in the last couple of weeks if you want to see tulips. I went there last year in the last week of opening duirng my trip to Holland, the place was nice, there was a great liliums exhibition... but all tulips were already gone. I was a bit disillused after my visit.

Palm Beach Gardens...
Level Contributor
1,315 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Keukenhof Tulips Garden - any regular dates ?

I took the bus from Leiden Centraal (coming from Belgium) after buying a bus/entrance combo ticket online before leaving the States. (April 3rd 2009) It was very easy. I would DEFINITELY suggest a mid season visit as the gardens were not that colorful yet.

I also recommend getting advance tickets esp if you go mid-season. You can breeze right through the gate. The only downside was not knowing how the weather would be on any pre-planned date. I was lucky that it was mid-60's and sunny all day!!

10. Re: Keukenhof Tulips Garden - any regular dates ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 December 2012, 10:16