We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Couples Friendly Itinerary

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
380 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Couples Friendly Itinerary

After doing research on every city from Barcelona to Bruges, we realized we hadn't looked into Amsterdam.

My BF and I want to go on a quiet getaway for a few days in March and were wondering, apart from the obvious Red Light District and pot (which we'll be avoiding), what are some couples-friendly activities, sights, and spas that you could recommend?

We considered Bruges and still are looking into it but wanted a city with a bit more to do. We have between four to five days to stay and want to make the most of our time there while getting a chance to relax and take in the beauty of the city.

What would you do and what would you avoid?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,441 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Couples Friendly Itinerary

There is plenty to do, what do you like? For a general overview of things to see/do, have a look at this article from out Top Questions on the right side of this page. tripadvisor.com/Travel-g188590-s409/Amsterda…

Bruges is only a few hours away on the train and can be done on an overnight trip. Maybe consider flying into Amsterdam and out of Brussels or the other way round to maximize your time.

Peace

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
380 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Couples Friendly Itinerary

I have looked over the general sights and some restaurants. Maybe a spa recommendation would be nice? I have heard night cruises are especially nice as well.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,441 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Couples Friendly Itinerary

Spa Zuiver comes highly recommended by several friends. http://www.spazuiver.nl/en/spa/

The evening cruises can be quite nice. You can catch the last tour out, just before dusk, if you don't want to pay the 30 euro.

Peace

4. Re: Couples Friendly Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2013, 10:22