We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dutch Prince Johan Friso 'buried by Austria avalanche'

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
39,359 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Dutch Prince Johan Friso 'buried by Austria avalanche'

www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-17077390

>>Dutch Prince Johan Friso has been hit by an avalanche in the Austrian town of Lech, say officials.

Officials said the prince, 43, was buried under the snow for about 15 minutes before being rescued by emergency teams.

He was resuscitated at the scene and has been taken to hospital in Innsbruck, said Austrian media. His condition is not known.

Prince Johan is the second son of the Netherlands' Queen Beatrix.<<

Hope he is ok. All over the news here. Sorry a little off topic

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
6,005 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dutch Prince Johan Friso 'buried by Austria avalanche'

I read that on Dutch News. Hope he recovers soon.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,100 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dutch Prince Johan Friso 'buried by Austria avalanche'

things are definitely not gezellig for that guy...

Surrey, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Quebec, Montreal, The Netherlands
Level Contributor
6,859 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dutch Prince Johan Friso 'buried by Austria avalanche'

Hope all is well with him. Too bad he was not wearing such a safety gear on his back http://tinyurl.com/864jxov

London
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dutch Prince Johan Friso 'buried by Austria avalanche'

Perfect condition for avalanches, heavy warnings alrady given and everyone knew there will be avalanches. Why did Prince Johan Friso chose to ski off piste? I've been in the Lech region past a month, it has snowed so much past 2 weeks, and suddenly sun came out, rose temperature. All pistes were well maintained in Lech, absolutely impossible to get lost to off pistes paticulary in Lech. Well, the Prince had chose to marry a lady, a former mafia boss girlfriend of the biggest drug trafficker in Europe. Certainly his marriage and this accident tells his personalty: commonsense ignorant.

liverpool, england
Level Contributor
2,000 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dutch Prince Johan Friso 'buried by Austria avalanche'

Just read that the prince may never regain conciousness - sad.

Chicago
Level Contributor
7,074 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Dutch Prince Johan Friso 'buried by Austria avalanche'

I've been wondering about his condition. Very sad. I was afraid it wouldn't be a good outcome when I read how long he was buried under the snow, and now reading that it took 50 minutes to revive him makes it even worse. Feel very bad for his family, especially the children.

Brewster, New York
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dutch Prince Johan Friso 'buried by Austria avalanche'

Our hearts and prayers go out to the Royal Family at this sad time. We are grieving with the fine people of The Netherlands today. I am especially aware of things like this because my career is working with people with traumatic brain injuries, many of which, like Prince Friso, will not likely recover and require a lifetime of care. It is a nightmare that no one should have to deal with. We are so sorry.....

8. Re: Dutch Prince Johan Friso 'buried by Austria avalanche'

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 June 2013, 10:19