We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Centraal Station left luggage

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Argentina
Level Contributor
33 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Centraal Station left luggage

Hello everyone, I will need to leave luggage for about 6 hours in Amsterdam, next April 21 (Saturday), around 11 a.m.

I know there are lockers and maybe an office to leave luggage for a fee on Centraal Station, but I'm afraid that, being a Saturday, they might be full, since I read something online about that, specially for saturdays.

Does anyone know if that's possible for the date mentioned?

I need to know if I don't have a chance to get a place in Centraal, because I'm not staying near the station so it would be frustrating to go all the way there (with suitcases!) for nothing.

I also would like to know if there's an option to go to a museum and leave the suitcases in their locker rooms, so I can see some paintings while I wait for the time to go to the airport... ;)

But I'm not sure if museums keep suitcases. (In other cities I've seen people enter with luggage on big museums).

Please let me know if there's one in Amsterdam that does it.

Thank you!

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
36,557 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Centraal Station left luggage

Sorry can't help you with how busy the left luggage is on a Saturday in April. I think (not 100% sure) that the Van Gogh will store your bag as long as its not huge.

Why don't you ask to store your bags t the hotel? Normally not a problem.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
4,714 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Centraal Station left luggage

We have just left out luggage at the hotel until ready to head to the cruise ship ..no problem

Argentina
Level Contributor
33 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Centraal Station left luggage

Thank you guys, for your responses"

Sadly, I'm not staying on a hotel but on a private apartment, and I must leave by 11 am.

I asked some hotels if they could store my luggage for a price, but they refused.

I think I will try with the Van Gogh, since I was planning to visit it anyway.

I have a small suitcase (the one that you can carry on the plane cabin), but my husband has a medium sized one. And we have a small backpack each.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
13,946 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Centraal Station left luggage

you give up too easily..tr centraal station first...then the VGM

Argentina
Level Contributor
33 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Centraal Station left luggage

LOL!

You may be right. :)

It's just that it would be too much effort to go all the way to Centraal in public transport with the suitcases (not sure how to get a taxi from the apartment since my phone will not work in Europe), to perhaps find out that there's no luggage room there and then go all the way back to the Van Gogh! Which I was planning to visit anyway...

I really don't know what to do.

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
14,903 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Centraal Station left luggage

If there is no luggage room at the Centraal you could try it at the Bibliotheek. Normally bibliotheks have lockers but I don´t know if they are big enough for your suitcases. But you could ask, it´s only some steps to the right from the Centraal.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g188590-…

Edited: 17 March 2012, 22:43
Surrey, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Quebec, Montreal, The Netherlands
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Centraal Station left luggage

You're better off heading to Centraal Station 1st -- if the lockers were all taken, at least you can leave them at the manned luggage depot. They charge per piece of luggage. If you head to a museum thinking they will accomodate you (and I am not sure at all they would ~ since you will not be admitted with your backpacks on, whatecer the size, that means 4 pieces of luggage of various sizes for the 2 of you, to leave at the reception while you topur around) and find out you can only use the very small lockers they have, suitable for purses, what will you do then?

Edited: 17 March 2012, 23:08
Surrey, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Quebec, Montreal, The Netherlands
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Centraal Station left luggage

whatever the size -- tour around

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
36,557 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Centraal Station left luggage

Where is your apartment located? If you go to CS and the lockers are full then go to plan B and head to the airport. There is a Rembrant exhibition there. The airline will store your bag for free and you won't have to pay 15 euros each to get into a museum.

Failing that Amstel station has lockers

Haarlem, The...
Level Contributor
1,617 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Centraal Station left luggage

There are a lot of lockers at CS I would try there first as I've always been able to found an empty one, also on Saturdays.