We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour of Keukenhof - private guide?

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pasadena
Level Contributor
45 posts
125 reviews
Save Topic
Tour of Keukenhof - private guide?

Hi! My teenage daughter and I are going to be in Amsterdam in April for a few days and wanted to see the tulips in Keukenhof. Does anyone have a guide they could recommend? We just were thinking we'd go for a few hours. Or any other suggestions for the best way to arrange the visit? We are staying at the Amrath, and the tour they book is 4.5 hours - which seems like a little longer than we'd want to stay.

Thanks!

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
Level Contributor
8,573 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour of Keukenhof - private guide?

I encourage you to go on your own. It's quite easy and most everyone speaks english.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g188553-c132284/The-N…

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g188590-s303/Amsterda…

Have fun,

chuck

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
5,648 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour of Keukenhof - private guide?

I wouldn't even consider a private guide. It's not worth the money. Keukenhof is easy to do on your own. See below link for more info including a map of the gardens.

http://www.keukenhof.nl/en/

Pasadena
Level Contributor
45 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tour of Keukenhof - private guide?

Okay- that is helpful, thanks. But it seems like it's a pain to get there. A bus to Schipol, then another bus? Is there an easier way to get there?

Thanks!

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
35,593 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tour of Keukenhof - private guide?

You can always book an organised tour. The specified times include travel to and from so you would only spend a couple of hours in the gardens.

…rezgo.com/details/448/flowerfields-and-keuk…

lindbergh.nl/ShopPublic/…

Otherwise rent a car or pay a fortune for a taxi to take you there and back. Or take the train to Schiphol as you are at the Amrath.

5. Re: Tour of Keukenhof - private guide?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2013, 10:30