We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report - 5 nights in Amsterdam

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
8,101 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report - 5 nights in Amsterdam

Hi everyone,

thanks to all for the advice provided. We had a lovely stay in Amsterdam. I have done a detailed report on our time on Blogspot, including photos.

We start with arrival and dinner at Bouf

…blogspot.fr/2012/04/day-17-london-to-amster…

Our first full day is spend visiting the flower auctions at Aalsmeer followed by Keukenhof. Dinner at De Witte Uyl.

…blogspot.fr/2012/04/day-18-aalsmeer-flower-…

Next day we visit the Anne Frank House, Het Schip, WWII and the Holocaust walk, dine at Bussia

…blogspot.fr/2012/04/day-19-anne-frank-house…

Sunday we have a lazy day and sit on canalboats. Have an impromptu lunch at the pancake house near the canal near to the Rijksmuseum. Afternoon at Het Sheepvaartmuseum dine at Bouf again and attend a concert at the Concertgebouw.

…blogspot.fr/2012/04/day-20-fatigue-het-shee…

our final day is spent on a coach trip with Key Tours. Dutch Countryside full day. In the evening we dine at Zaza's

…blogspot.fr/2012/04/day-21-dutch-countrysid…

cheers.

Snodge :o)

Concertgebouw
Historic Sites, Concerts, Theatres
The Waterhole Live Music Bar
Blues Clubs & Bars, Dance Clubs & Discos, Concerts, Bars & Clubs, Bar, Club & Pub Tours
Melkweg
Bars & Clubs, Concerts
CC Music Cafe
Jazz Clubs & Bars, Performances, Concerts, Bars & Clubs, Blues Clubs & Bars
Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
Level Contributor
10,124 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report - 5 nights in Amsterdam

I know what I'm reading when I have lunch in a little while.

Thanks for sharing,

chuck

london
Level Contributor
2,157 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report - 5 nights in Amsterdam

you made my day ... thanks !!

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
6,026 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report - 5 nights in Amsterdam

Very nice blog and photos. Thanks for sharing.

Edited: 19 April 2012, 00:19
Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
8,101 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report - 5 nights in Amsterdam

Thanks all :o)

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report - 5 nights in Amsterdam

Hi -

Loved your report, and your photo'sl Now I have to add Zaza's and Bouf on my list of restaurants to try . . .

Thanks - MMK

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,972 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report - 5 nights in Amsterdam

Snodge, I have just read your wonderful blogs, they were so enjoyable! Thank you.

We were in Paris and the UK back in January, also caught the Eurostar, but we did the London, Oxford and Cotswolds part of England as that is where I am from. It was wonderful so I highly recommend doing it on your next trip.

In October we are returning to Paris but this time going on the Thalys to Amsterdam, so the reverse of your trip. Your information about Amsterdam and the Thalys was so helpful. We are also going to the Anne Frank House (of course!) and doing a private tour to Zaanse Schans, Edam, Volendam and Marken, so it was fascinating reading for me.

Can't wait for you to post about Paris now, I will be looking out for it.

Thanks again,

Deb

Lisse, The...
Level Contributor
724 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Report - 5 nights in Amsterdam

Dear Snodge, thank you very much for sharing. I'am very happy to hear you loved the Keukenhof so much. Have a good a safe trip! Cees

BTW, this was an Dutch mechanical steet organ, not a carnival organ!

Edited: 19 April 2012, 11:02
Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
8,101 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Report - 5 nights in Amsterdam

thanks MMkoppes, djh1 and CeesTT :o)

Cees, thanks for giving me the correct name for the organ :o) I just knew I didn't have that right, but didn't have time to dig around and check.

When I get home I will have to read over them all and fix typos. There's a few that have crept in there. I fixed the ones I noticed when correcting the organ name. sigh.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
8,101 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip Report - 5 nights in Amsterdam

Oh yeah, Djh, The Cotswolds will certainly feature in any return trip to England! I'm quite determined to get back again sometime. :o)

Lisse, The...
Level Contributor
724 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip Report - 5 nights in Amsterdam

Dear Snodge, the mechanical street organ at the Keukenhof is named “De Adriaen”. It’s playing at the Keukenhof every year during the opening weeks of the park. On the last day of opening of the park (this year May 20) the Keukenhof organizes a small mechanical street organ festival. On YouTube you can find a lot of video’s of mechanical street organs and “De Adriaen” in particular. In Haarlem you can find a mechanical street organ museum: http://www.draaiorgelmuseum.org.