We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Keukenhof last update ?

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Southwick, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Keukenhof last update ?

I am considering paying a visit in the remaining days but a previous reviewer told that % 90 percent of the flowers were collected and the great windmill was out of reach. Honestly, guys if this is still the case I am cancelling my trip. Any recent updates please for the two points stated above?

All the best

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
147 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Keukenhof last update ?

Hey

I went to the Keukenhof yesterday and although I really enjoyed it (despite the chilly day!), I'd say that the vast majority of the tulips and other flowers had either been dead-headed or on their last legs.

The indoor exhibitions were still alive and well and totally amazing.

I'm not sure what the great windmill is, there is a smallish windmill in the park which was open to go up the viewing platform.

During the last week, my advice would be that if there was suddenly a day of warm weather where you could go to just enjoy the open air and having a picnic etc then definitely visit but if you are looking for the wonderful flower displays then I think you're too late.

Hopefully you can find something else just as wonderful to fill your itinerary if you decide not to go.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,441 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Keukenhof last update ?

There is update from a couple of days ago. tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g188590-i60-k54032… I would probably lower my expectations as this is the last week that its open.

Peace

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
13,948 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Keukenhof last update ?

im not sure what the "great windmill" is..but there is a windmill onsite..and if the park is open it is as well.

Lisse, The...
Level Contributor
724 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Keukenhof last update ?

This is the last week of opening of the Keukenhof. Since last week a lot of tulips were cut and most of the other ones are at the end of blooming. But you can still find fresh tulips in the park. It just takes some more time to find them than a few weeks ago. Keep in mind this is late spring, so not the best time for tulips. I was at the Keukenhof yesterday and today. I asked some tourists what they thought about the gardens right now. The all were happy with the still very colorful experience. Off course the gardens have seen better times but you can still find a lot of blooming tulips and some daffodils.

A few minutes ago I added about 50 pictures to my webalbum at Picase. All these pictures were made in the Keukenhof yesterday and today (May 13 and 14). The newest pictures are at the end! This might give you an idea how the gardens look right now. Hope this helps!

Picasa web album: https:/…

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
6,349 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Keukenhof last update ?

If you have never been then it is still quite impressive and lovely. We were there Sunday with overseas guest.They loved it and took masses of pictures. People were all over the windmill. We even enjoyed it having been there many times in the past. So I would say if you enjoy flowers it is still def worth it.

dallas
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Keukenhof last update ?

We will be in Amsterdam in July. Is there anything to see at Keukenhof then? Are there other flowers there? I noticed the Floriade had dates until September. What would I expect to see in July? Thanks!

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
Level Contributor
8,876 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Keukenhof last update ?

The Keukenhof is already closed for the season, not to open again until March.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
51,248 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Keukenhof last update ?

Hence your best bet is Floriade, for summer flowers of course. However search Floriade threads here in the forum carefully, many people expecting as many flowers as last times were disappointed.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

9. Re: Keukenhof last update ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 22:40