We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel for NEXT May - Help, Please

Savannah, GA
Level Contributor
1,877 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel for NEXT May - Help, Please

A little stunned! The boss has decided he'd like to be in Amsterdam during the last open day of Keukenhof in MAY 2013. I cannot seem to find a reservation at any Hotel that he's mentioned favoring. How far in advance do the hotels in Amsterdam book in advance? Will greatly appreciate any advice....I'm in hot water!

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
40,436 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel for NEXT May - Help, Please

I think most hotels worldwide will only take reservations up to a year in advance. Does you boss think that he will not get a hotel room for some reason?

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,180 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel for NEXT May - Help, Please

yeah..its too far in advance...what hotels has he mentioned favoring?

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
5,315 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel for NEXT May - Help, Please

Some hotels do not show online booking that far in advance

just contact the hotel directly after this years date in May has past (no confusion that way)

Savannah, GA
Level Contributor
1,877 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel for NEXT May - Help, Please

I am aware, generally, of the "no reservations for more than a year in advance".

Today is May 26, I was seeking a reservation for May 5-ish, 2012. I HOPE that the "we are booked solid" on a number of hotel websites, was due to the their computer systems just routinely throwing out the requests so far in advance.

Tried a number of hotels he favored (from TripAdvisor reviews, of course) without, as yet, success. Will continue to work this. Thank you for your assistance and interest. Any further suggestions will be greatly valued.

(His first choice was Bilderberg Hotel Jan Luyken.)

Savannah, GA
Level Contributor
1,877 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel for NEXT May - Help, Please

Correction.....to above.....May 5-ish, 2013.....obviously.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
40,436 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel for NEXT May - Help, Please

Trying most dates past the end of the year for this hotel gets the same result that there aree no rooms available. I would suggest that most hotels don't even like taking booking that far in advance as people tend to "forget" they have made them. I would wait a few months at least. May is not the busiest period here so you should have no trouble gatting a hotel.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
5,315 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel for NEXT May - Help, Please

Email or call the hotel if you want to get a confirmed booking now

I have done that in the past for other Countries ...some reservations systems do not show any openings for up to 6 mths out

Savannah, GA
Level Contributor
1,877 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel for NEXT May - Help, Please

Thanks so much for all your good advice. I concluded that April/May would be THE busiest time because it is that very small window of time during which Keukenhof is open to the visiting public. I'll e-mail the hotel(s) - or phone them - directly. Looking forward.....

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,180 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel for NEXT May - Help, Please

regardless of k-hof, april/may is NOT the busiest time in amsterdam. finding a room will not be a problem.

Savannah, GA
Level Contributor
1,877 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel for NEXT May - Help, Please

Lovely. Thank you!