We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary feedback please :)

Brisbane
Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary feedback please :)

Hi everyone

After reading through this forum I have put together a tentative itinerary and I am hoping to get feedback or any suggested changes before pre-booking tickets to avoid lines.

27th August

Arrive approx 1:30pm after 20+ hour travel so not planning anything for the afternoon/night.

28th August

Canal Tour

Van Gogh Museum

Heineken Experience

Red Light District

29th August

Day Trip - Zaanse Schans, Volendam and Marken

Leiden Square (Leidseplein)

30th August

Anne Frank House

Hire Bikes - ride around

Vondelpark

Albert Cuyp market

National Museum (Rijksmuseum)

31st August

Leave to Brussels at approx 11:00am....not sure if it is worth trying to fit something in before leaving??

Do you think any day is too packed or I am missing something?

Thank you in advance :)

Level Contributor
228 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary feedback please :)

Hi Kate that's sounds great, every time I go I make plans to do this and that but I usually can't get past the first bar! Enjoy ally.

Calgary, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary feedback please :)

Hi Kate,

Keep in mind all the other tourists, especially at the museums. Lines can be very long. It's recommended to hit the museums either first thing in the morning or closer to closing time. Otherwise it's a great place!

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
7,217 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary feedback please :)

And for the Anne Frank House you may want to get your tickets online for a specific entrance time to save you 1.5+ hours waiting in line. Same for Van Gogh

Brisbane
Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary feedback please :)

Hi all

Thank you all so much for your feedback :)

I am planning on pre-booking tickets for Anne Frank, Van Gogh and Rijksmuseum to avoid the lines as much as possible.

If there is nothing I should be adding or taking away I might start booking the tickets - thanks again!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
77 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Itinerary feedback please :)

I think that itinerary sounds great. We also booked the museums and Anne Frank House ahead and that was a very good idea (ESPECIALLY Anne Frank house). The line for that was insane. If you want some additional tips and site hours, costs, etc for Amsterdam (and the links for booking all of those things), try here: traveltalesandtips.com/2012/…

liverpool, england
Level Contributor
2,000 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Itinerary feedback please :)

Looks good to me; my only suggestion would be maybe to try to add an evening boat trip too as the canals look so different by day and night; by day you can get your bearings, see the historic bits etc, and by evening relax and see the lights reflected on the water, just so different.

Also, when at Van Gough try to find time to visit house of bols, just accross the road; it is an interesting little place and the cocktails (included in admission price) are delicious.

Have a great trip.

7. Re: Itinerary feedback please :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 05:42